Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys any of you guys near Rockland county NY. northern NJ lower ct or the metro NY. looking for some help with my engine. i can get it to start and idle but when you give it gas it pops a lot and has no power.iv played with the carb. i have a ARD magneto on the bike.i have a 250 main jet. i had a friend help put on the magneto(who talked to a great triumph guys in Cali for the help). but i cant figure out why its making a popping sound. any help would be great. ill supply the beers and music for your help.if you need more info just ask.
thanks pm me if you can help.
later

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have noticed when my bike is not getting enough gas, it pops. Are you sure you are getting adequate gas? Have you check the bowl to make sure it has fuel in it.

In addition to that, I have seen where a bad connection between the carb and the head can cause excessive popping. (cold air, limited fuel....pop pop). atleast, that is my experience with poping.

Mechanicca is probably the one person who can give you some serious insight. If I was u I would actively pursue some input from him.

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts