Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 T-Bird that I have been spending money on for the last 3 years. I've got probably close to $6K into it. I am about to purchase a 2nd bike and I am trying to decide if I should keep the TB or sell it. Here is a link: https://gjbush.smugmug.com/1995-Triumph-Thunderbird/

I don't expect to get all my money back. It has absolutely been a labor of love getting this bike to where it is now. But the wife says I don't need 2 bikes. Well, there's more to discuss on that front.

Here is what I have done to the bike:
- gas tank relined by Tank Renu
- gas tank repainted original color
- custom seat by John Longo
- Daytona handlebars
- ASV clutch and brake adjustable levers
- upgraded to gel grips
- engine bars
- clock
- upgraded LED instrument and indicator lights
- upgraded flashing brake light
- upgraded rear Kawasaki adjustable monoshock (ZX7)
- Givi sport screen
- Triumph Bonneville mirrors
- Rico Intiminators installed in front forks for vastly improved handling
- recent service that replaced all brake and clutch fluids
- less than 2,000 miles on recently installed Continentals front and rear.
- new AGM Interstate battery last fall
- fork brace added
- Ventura pack/rack system
- fork seals being replaced within the next few weeks.

Any interest here at $4K? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
That's a very nice bike.
Tell your wife she's wrong. There is every reason that you need 2 bikes. It's not like you have to marry only one of them.
Your bike looks like the kind of bike that an owner ultimately regrets selling.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fork Brace.

GJBushman,

Good looking bike. Mind I ask what fork brace you used? (Sorry, I have 2 bikes and the wife says more then 1 is too many)
Thanks for your comments. I got the fork brace from a fellow off ebay. Greg Couch is his name and the fork brace is actually for a Kawasaki ZRX I believe. I emailed him asking if he had something that would work on our bikes. He was very helpful. There is a minor adjustment he made to make it fit our bikes. I believe the diameter of our lower fork is slightly differerent from the Kawasaki.

To be honest, I don't know how much a fork brace helps on this bike. I installed Ricor Intiminators at the same time I added the fork brace so any effect was difficult to determine.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I think two bikes is the absolute minimum anyone should have in their garage. Then you always have at least one to ride when you are working on the other, and you have a loaner on hand if someone comes to visit from a long distance and you want to ride together.
Honestly, I doubt you'll ever get $4000 out of it, more likely $3500 at best, and in this world, what else can you buy for that amount of money that will give you the pleasure that your TB does?
I would encourage you to keep both bikes for at least one season, and see what the experience is like. In that way, you will be fair to yourself, and if you determine that you just don't ride the TB any longer, it will be worth just as much in a year as it is now. Forget what the books say, these bikes have been in the $3000 to $4000 range for the past bunch of years, and I don't see them getting less desirable next year.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would encourage you to keep both bikes for at least one season, and see what the experience is like. In that way, you will be fair to yourself, and if you determine that you just don't ride the TB any longer, it will be worth just as much in a year as it is now. Forget what the books say, these bikes have been in the $3000 to $4000 range for the past bunch of years, and I don't see them getting less desirable next year.
Thanks. Great advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts