Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was happily working on my bike when I noticed this:

This is the top sub-frame mount for my 05 speedy. Note that it has two different holes in it, and it can pivot on the lower bolt. Moving it to the other hole would have the effect of raising the rear by half an inch or more. Why do you suppose it has this capability?

I'm stumped, unless it's a leftover from back when they were considering making a 1050 Daytona- which they clearly are not at this point.

Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
700 Posts
I don't know if this helps, but I have no idea why there are two holes there. That weld looks like it was done by hand too which is kind of surprising.

·
Registered
583 Posts
ps also look at the welding,, it's funny some parts of the bike are beautifully welded, and others are chicken scratch, bad weld left good weld right

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hmmm hold on a sec while I check mine.... This is under the side pannel where the tubing is connected to the frame? I didn't take my side panel off but I can feel the other whole. Maybe its there for really tall people as an adjustment. I can see why the weld is ***** though... it's generally not seen. Niice color by the way.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I doubt it is there for an adjustment. If the second hole was used the side covers would not fit.

Perhaps it is a generic subframe and is used on other models such as the Sprint or Tiger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts