Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies for not being able to locate this as a thread.

I need some touch-up/spray paint to remedy a recent diesel-induced riderless trip down the road, followed by myself. Thank God for R&G products, although the belly pan received a scraping. I have now discovered that (Triumph quote) "We don't do touch-up paints", there must be a Ford/etc equivalent, only trouble is; there are so many "whites".

Any help and advice is gratefully received. Ta in advance.

·
Registered
440 Posts
They do have paint codes for various Triumph motocycle colors - short of ordering it from London, getting them may be the hard part, but here is what you are looking for:

http://www.triumph.co.uk/uk/2046.aspx

Color: FUSION WHITE
Maufacturer: DUPONT
Code: 486950101
Touch-up Paint Part #: T3120300-NF

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
It also has another name "Opal White" with the same code etc.

I alway's thought "Fusion White" would be a three layer pearl and not a solid colour. Can someone confirm if that is the case as I have never seen one in person.

If this is the case, then any good auto paint supplier should be to produce an accurate formula with a spectrophotometer. They are at their most accurate when faced with solid white.

·
Registered
366 Posts
It's not a pearl. I've tried matching it, it's quite close to a Toyota white but seems to have a hint of yellow in it. Almost like it had been left in a smoky bar for a few weeks.

·
Registered
440 Posts
...seems to have a hint of yellow in it. Almost like it had been left in a smoky bar for a few weeks.
Not trying to be a smart ass, but any chance you were matching the color using either a rear cowl or rear quarter panels for comparison???

The reason I ask, is that it seems that the exhaust heat and/or gases seem to discolor the rear section of my '06 Fusion White S3. Possibly for the same reason that people complain about their jackets smelling of fuel after a ride. I think it's an air turbulence thing where the gas/heat from the high pipes blows back onto the rear of the bike at speed. Anyway, a quick buff with a liquid compound polish removes the yellow tint quite dramatically and returns it to pure white.

Just something to note from my own experience.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
The colour does contain yellow (ochre). In fact the formula is made up of white, black, ochre and oxide (red).

·
Registered
440 Posts
The colour does contain yellow (ochre). In fact the formula is made up of white, black, ochre and oxide (red).
Guess you learn something new every day! Thanks for the info.

Though, I'm sticking to my guns re: my point about discoloration - every 12 months or so, I have to buff the rear sections to remove a pretty heavy yellow discoloration not found on the tank, front fender or lower side panels. Go figure!

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I understand exactly what you're saying BigRed and it doesn't take much to discolour paint work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts