Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
I saw you just purchased it from BMW... is that actually your old bike? Cool!
Yup! I was supposed to get first right of refusal on it if it came up for sale again but instead of keeping his promise, the guy I sold it to traded it in at the BMW store. In the end though, I did get it back and for less money than I was prepared to give the seller... it's good to have friends in high places at the Beemer shop. :grin2:

·
Registered
236 Posts
I got out today after months of being off the bikes... been dealing with a bizarre vertigo-like ailment since June so when the insurance on the Thruxton expired in July, I just let it lapse since I couldn't ride anyway. Just put it back on the road early this afternoon and celebrated with an hour or so joyride. My other three bikes are still expired but at least my favourite one is back in action... as am I!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got out today after months of being off the bikes... been dealing with a bizarre vertigo-like ailment since June so when the insurance on the Thruxton expired in July, I just let it lapse since I couldn't ride anyway. Just put it back on the road early this afternoon and celebrated with an hour or so joyride. My other three bikes are still expired but at least my favourite one is back in action... as am I!

I spent a lot of time on my Thunderbird this Summer. Really like the ride of this bike. Even got my wife out for a three day trip in July. So great to have riding days in October!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I spent a lot of time on my Thunderbird this Summer. Really like the ride of this bike. Even got my wife out for a three day trip in July. So great to have riding days in October!
You must not be from around here! We have riding days in December... January... February... :grin2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure what 'around here' means (Victoria?). I live in Parksville. I don't ride in Winter. The bike is under a tarp as a few days ago.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Not sure what 'around here' means (Victoria?). I live in Parksville. I don't ride in Winter. The bike is under a tarp as a few days ago.
When you seemed elated about riding days in October, I naturally assumed that you're from somewhere out east and are a recent arrival to the Island. I first moved here (from Eastern Ontario) in 2001 and the pleasant shock of going out for Christmas and New Year's Day rides was so great, I made them traditions! Knock on wood, I haven't had a snowy day yet (although I was back in the Ottawa area again from 2007-2013 so may have missed some less than ideal Christmas season riding days during my absence from the Island. It was too torturous to keep an eye on Victoria's weather from deep within the snowbelt... ignorance was bliss. Sort of.). :doublethumb

·
Registered
87 Posts
Spring 019.
I am on Gabriola Island. Have a 96 Trophy 900. Was in Victoria a couple of weeks ago, taking the long way to the mainland.
A bunch of guys meet in Parksville, 1000 Sundays, first coffee shop on the right coming from the South. There is usually a couple of Triumphs. One old side valve with a side car, and a newish naked twin. Plus a bunch of new and old other stuff. I go if I am on my Island, and if it is a nice day.

UK

·
Registered
6 Posts
parksville meet

That must be the Serious Coffee (first coffee shop on the right). I work Sundays so that meet doesn't work for me. But it would be fine to join in on somekind of triumph ride this Summer on the Island.
My Thunderbird is still under a tarp and the battery inside the house. Brrr!

Spring 019.
I am on Gabriola Island. Have a 96 Trophy 900. Was in Victoria a couple of weeks ago, taking the long way to the mainland.
A bunch of guys meet in Parksville, 1000 Sundays, first coffee shop on the right coming from the South. There is usually a couple of Triumphs. One old side valve with a side car, and a newish naked twin. Plus a bunch of new and old other stuff. I go if I am on my Island, and if it is a nice day.

UK

·
Registered
87 Posts
That must be the Serious Coffee (first coffee shop on the right). I work Sundays so that meet doesn't work for me. But it would be fine to join in on somekind of triumph ride this Summer on the Island.
My Thunderbird is still under a tarp and the battery inside the house. Brrr!
A bit further for you, but a day trip from Nanaimo to Ucluelet or Tofino is doable. Some of the Sunday meeting guys might go too. Week days are the same as any other for most of them.

UK

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi.
Saltspring.
Just picked out a triumph today in Vancouver. Rode it to the Starbucks on west Broadway and out round UBC. I must be pretty annoying right now. First time on the road with two wheels and no pedals in over 30 years. Practicing sticking to the rules until I am ready for my road test.
Most fun I’ve had by myself in long time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi.
Saltspring.
Just picked out a triumph today in Vancouver. Rode it to the Starbucks on west Broadway and out round UBC. I must be pretty annoying right now. First time on the road with two wheels and no pedals in over 30 years. Practicing sticking to the rules until I am ready for my road test.
Most fun I’ve had by myself in long time.
Enjoy! I'm in Parksville and have yet to meet another Triumph owner, but hope to get to smoe meet up this Summer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I will be passing through tomorrow afternoon. Heading for Hardy, bikes not run in yet. Me iether . So I think I will take the old scenic route up the coast road rather than the highway. Highway is a lot faster when I’m driving.
I usually stop for coffee and gas in Campbell River.
If you see a red street twin passing by. With a newbie on it. Probably me.

Happy Canada Day

·
Registered
87 Posts
Enjoy! I'm in Parksville and have yet to meet another Triumph owner, but hope to get to smoe meet up this Summer.
I do not know if I mentioned it already. A group of guys meet at Serious Coffee in Parksville every Sunday morning at 0930. From the South it is on the right entering Parksville. I have a Trophy 900, and there are a few other Triumph owners. Most are driving their cages this time of year. I will take Noddy if the weather is okay, otherwise I take an older XS400 Yamaha.

UK

61 - 74 of 74 Posts