Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only clues I have is the manual, which includes apparently every cruiser ever made by Triumph and none of them align with what I am seeing - according to said manual there is some sort of lever on the left side of the seat that needs to be pulled to get the seat off. I am not able to find anything like that, and searching around I have come up empty.

Does anyone know of a good resource for a mechanically challenged person like me to be able to do this simple task? :smile2:

For what its worth I am hoping to find the elusive tool I need to change the pre-load on the rear shocks. According to what I have read it may be there and it may not be - and there is only one way to find out!

·
Registered
170 Posts
The lever is actually a ring that you pull. It is under the seat on the shifter side to the rear of the driver portion of the seat. Pull it straight toward you and it will release. You probably already know, but there is also a screw at the back of the seat that also needs to come out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lever is actually a ring that you pull. It is under the seat on the shifter side to the rear of the driver portion of the seat. Pull it straight toward you and it will release. You probably already know, but there is also a screw at the back of the seat that also needs to come out.
Hmm, I must have missed it. Will check again. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts