Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and mainly found older queries. I have a black 07 Speedy. Anyone happy with the ones they put on, that wasn't too much of a pain to install? Please share with me which you like, or went with, thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
I did a search and mainly found older queries. I have a black 07 Speedy. Anyone happy with the ones they put on, that wasn't too much of a pain to install? Please share with me which you like, or went with, thanks in advance :)
I was in the same position... after ordering a few fender eliminators I didn't like any of them until I discovered the R&G eliminator... I love it :D

·
Registered
379 Posts
ive heard good things about the mad doctor FE and the BC FE....prob your best bet to go for your 07 speedy

·
Registered
446 Posts
I was in the same position... after ordering a few fender eliminators I didn't like any of them until I discovered the R&G eliminator... I love it :D

Bikes an 08, different tail then an 07

I made my own cause im cheap. I only wanted to lose the main fender to i just made a plate/light hanger. If i have probs with mine i will probably replace it with something along the lines of the EVOTECH bracket.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ive been looking all over for a fender eliminator... I have a competition werkes sitting on my floor waiting to be sent back.

I really like the R & G but for 200$ plus signals, Im thinking of going with the Rizoma undertail.

Whered you get the R & G from?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ive been looking all over for a fender eliminator... I have a competition werkes sitting on my floor waiting to be sent back.

I really like the R & G but for 200$ plus signals, Im thinking of going with the Rizoma undertail.

My local Triumph dealer sells the R&G products

·
Registered
17 Posts
fender eliminators from British Customs

swagen1, not sure exactly what you are looking for but try http://www.british-customs.com/r-g-racing-triumph-speed-triple-1050-fender-eliminator.html or http://www.british-customs.com/triumph-speed-triple-1050cc-fender-eliminator-kit.html

·
Banned
557 Posts

Better do you research better. The rizoma one is roughly $155...then you have to buy the license plate light/license plate holder bracket/signals separately. gets SUPER expensive. Good luck.

·
Banned
557 Posts
ive heard good things about the mad doctor FE and the BC FE....prob your best bet to go for your 07 speedy

You've heard GOOD things about Mad Dr????? Whoever told you that, do NOT take investment advice from them!! LOL

I had 3 of those pieces of crap, all from British Customs. HUGE pieces of crap. Flimsy, shakey, VERRRRRY VERRRRRY dimly lit. yeah, might look bright standing next to it, but EVERYONE that has ridden behind me has commented that they can BARELY see any lights...brake or signal.

Eventually they WILL get moisture build up behind the lenses. Eventually the signal stalks WILL get shakey and loose.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just put a British Customs eliminator onto my '05 S3 (Pretty sure the tail is the same as the '07)

The kit is basically just a Clear Alternatives taillight, and a license plate bracket that mounts up directly under the taillight "housing".
(Gets rid of that pointy bit)

Everything fit up perfectly, and the craftsmanship of the bracket was outstanding! Even came with some resistors to make the new LED blinkers flash at a reasonable speed.

It was a little on the spendy side, considering the actual components involved, but totally worth it to skip all the drilling, cutting, and grinding that is usually required to install most "bolt on" kits.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I used to have an R&G kit, or something very similar, that the previous owner installed, and it really didn't work out...

Not only did the repositioned stock blinkers look REALLY goofy after I put a GP pipe on, but the back tire had a nasty habit of folding the license plate under the tail during hard cornering.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Not only did the repositioned stock blinkers look REALLY goofy after I put a GP pipe on, but the back tire had a nasty habit of folding the license plate under the tail during hard cornering.
Were you cornering on Jupiter? :D

I think it would be almost impossible for the tire to drag on the &G license plate. And to my eye, the R&G installation looks like the nicest fender eliminator that I've seen so far. I've not seen the Rizoma though so it's something else to consider perhaps.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I had the Werkes one ordered, I sent it back.

The Rizoma one (if i am remembering right) looks VERY nice on the website, but there are two pieces you need (the undertail and the license plate bracket), and together it would be quite expensive.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Were you cornering on Jupiter? :D

I think it would be almost impossible for the tire to drag on the &G license plate. And to my eye, the R&G installation looks like the nicest fender eliminator that I've seen so far. I've not seen the Rizoma though so it's something else to consider perhaps.
HA!! Mine may have been a homegrown tail kit. I'm not sure where it came from, because it was on the bike when I got it. It looked pretty clean though...
The Werkes kit, however, looks far better, I think.
I'll put up some pictures of it, if I can figure out how.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts