Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put a WTB in the classified section.
Hoping one of the aussies have some less than perfect headers they don't need for the 71 .
I have done my dosh on the engine and shiny new chrome isn';t really my look (or priority).
I have some black wrap around somewhere anyway so shape and structure are all I care about.

I want to enlarge the cutaway on my custom slides, but It would be silly to do this until I have the 'final' exhaust setup in case this effects the jetting.

cheers
derek

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi Delrazor,

Geez, what timing ... On the weekend I decided to replace my short accessory pipes on my 82 T140E with a new set of repo headers and original mufflers. Pulled the bike apart and then I find the new repo headers inside diameter is too small to fit over the exhaust spigots (the header's outside diameter is exactly the same as the exhaust spigot). So, until I figure out what I am going to do I have been forced to re-install my old headers. Geez, this thing can be a pain in the @#%*. Sorry mate.

Oh, I have been following your blog rebuilding your bike - very interesting and informative.

cheers,

Shep, Sydney.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi Derek,

I got the pipes from the Kiwis. I have sent them an email this morning and I am going to measure the spigots and check the part numbers of the headers.

Tell me, during your rebuild was there any reason you did not use the Morgo rotary oil pump in place of the original pump. The reason I ask is because I am considering going that way at present with a remote Norton style screw on oil filter mounted to the back bone underneath the carbs for reliability. Although, the Morgo pump is expensive.

shep.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Derek,

I forgot to ask who do you favour in the Melbourne Cup? What do you reckon about the crowd favourite Alcopop? Big day tomorrow!

shep.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HAha,
I'd say 99% of Melbournians only follow the MElbourne cup for a couple of minutes while the horses are running. Like the rest, I will go and bet on the one with the most appealing name/colours/number. Then it will turn out to be a 3-legged donkey.

I didn't install a MOrgo pump as my pump was OK. (hopefully).

cheers
derek

·
Registered
158 Posts
Got your card...

Hey Derek!

Hands off - the donkey's all mine!

Didn't see you at the rally, but I did find your card on my bike - haha!

Posted some photos tonight, did you take any? Post em in if you did. Cheers,

Richo

HAha,
I'd say 99% of Melbournians only follow the MElbourne cup for a couple of minutes while the horses are running. Like the rest, I will go and bet on the one with the most appealing name/colours/number. Then it will turn out to be a 3-legged donkey.

I didn't install a MOrgo pump as my pump was OK. (hopefully).

cheers
derek

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a set of headers for a 70 bonny which arn't in bad nick.
(No balance pipe connection)
I'm in Brisbane so postage may be expensive.
I'll let you have them for $50.00

As for the rotary pump, don't bother unless you are racing, you have to fit a non-return valve or the sump fills with oil over time unless you use it every day.
The standard pump has plenty of capacity anyway. More important to fit a filter in the return line, this is a real plus.

Let me know about the pipes.

Cheers
Nick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts