Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What color is "Charcoal"? A couple of car companies that offer charcaol interiors in their cars are in fact "black". I have always associated the color "Charcoal" as black. However, Corbin Saddles thinks Charcoal is silver. I just can't imagine how you get silver out of charcoal. I ordered a seat for the Sprint and I overlooked "Black Carbon Fiber Leather" when I zipped on through the color selection, my eye immediately went to "Charcoal Carbon Fiber Leather" so I thought I was getting a black carbon fiber leather saddle. To my suprise when I opened the box the seat panels were silver. I called Corbin explained my delimma and the girl tells me that "yea, the Charcaol is kind of silver in color". I'm like this is not kind of silver, it is silver. So I go on line and look at the color for each description and sure enough "charcoal" is silver looking.

I am one that fully believes in being responsible for ones actions, so since I chose charcoal (silver), I guess I'm stuck with it. I'm just bewildered that someone could think of "Charcoal" as silver in color, am I wrong?

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Charcoal is a dark grey color usually with a metalic pearl or flake in it.

Sorry to hear about your seat but if it is not what you were looking for I would return it. No point in being unhappy when you spend the money that a Corbin is.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Dark

I would say that Charcoal is closer to black than silver.

Unfortunately, some companies like to 'spruce' up their colour definitions - but as Calliway says,, for your money, don't be unhappy, as long as you swop with the same company providing the replacement, I can't see an issue.:)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Every car and motorcycle company I have ever worked for/bought parts for calls "charcoal" dark gray.

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
The color names are whatever the design team dreams up.

As an example my ex-wife has a 1957 Ford Thunderbird. The color code is listed as "Charcoal Gray".

It is a late '57 and the color is actually a '58 color, still listed as Charcoal Gray. It's a rare car.

The 1957 Charcoal Gray is dark gray with very heavy metallic.
The 1958 Charcoal Gray is a light medium gray with almost no metallic.

Here are a couple of examples.
The early gray is about right to this picture.

The late though is a bit too dark.
The ex's was thoroughly researched through Harrahs with the correct color code and backed up with an interior panel that was left with the stock paint from the factory.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Not mine but the ex's. Though we showed at various invitational events we had more fun with her being the shoe and me the wrench at nostalgia drag events. With some judicious tuning and things, all stock, we took the car from 19.2 [email protected] mph to 16.5 [email protected]

After battling through 36 races one time she runner upped at a big event and got national media coverage. It was my fault she didn't win. While she was battling the lights I was battling the temperature and weather keeping it consistent throughout the day. I was a little concerned about a temp. change and made an adjustment. This caused her to loose by 1/1000th. of a sec. I was gutted.

Anyhow, she wanted to go faster and quicker and I had taken the Stock numbered engine and tranny as far as I could and keep things together.

I just got done building the ultimate killer 312 "Y" block and tranny combo when she decided she wasn't happy anymore. I never got to hear that engine run:(. I was collaborating with my old buddies in Dearborn and an old sponsor on it and that '57 would have embarrassed a lot of modern iron. :D

OOPS sorry, OT

Don

Wow,
very snappy car Donski!:)

DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Bumped so you can see the pics of the seat installed. Does not look too bad after all. I need to ride it though and see how well it works, seems to push me up against the tank when took on quick ride.

I must say the quality is exceptional and I love the latching mechanism that releases the seat with a key, much more convient than the OEM seat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts