Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've had an intermittent problem for ages that is getting worse. I can only rarely make a successful connection and when I do, it doesn't always last. Often the connection light just flashes red a few times. Sometimes it speeds up and turns orange.
I've only just found a logging output! Which repeats the following..
Initialisation... ECU connected
Authentication... Access allowed
ECU identification
ECU type 2002-01

Initialisation.......

Etc

I've tried connecting a second battery (car, not running) to keep the voltage good, I always disconnect the lights to avoid any drain. I've checked fuses, relays, all the connections and writes i can think of for breaks. Damage etc

Can anyone help? I did post ages ago in the garage section but thought maybe this was a better place on reflection, apologies for posting twice with the same issue!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had an issue with not being able to read or write a new map to my 2006 S3. I had previously been able to change maps using a Samsung S7 via cable. Now for some reason i can connect to the ECU but that's it. Also tried a Samsung S10, still not go. I'll have to try with a laptop i guess. Anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion Talks. I found out from the Tune ECU FB page that the tune i loaded to the ECU via laptop is not one supported by Android. I had to go reload the previous tune and then i could use the phone, worked perfectly!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion Talks. I found out from the Tune ECU FB page that the tune i loaded to the ECU via laptop is not one supported by Android. I had to go reload the previous tune and then i could use the phone, worked perfectly!
No problem, glad to hear you got it sorted out.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad you got sorted!
I'm still not though, I've tried with a battery charger connected and volts showing around 13v and still no joy
Maybe I should try with an actual battery connected with jump leads. I'll let you know if that helps! Won't be until the weekend though
Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts