Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put my bike back together after having it apart for a month, between stripping two threads for the cam cover and breaking the plastic fuel fittings (just got the new brass fittings from Team Triumph). Anyways, the bike is all back together and I go to fire it up after cycling the fuel pump a few times (1/2 tank of gas). I go to start it up, in neutral with the clutch in, and nothing. Doesn't even try and turn over and can't hear a relay noise (but not 100% if I should hear it anyways, never noticed before). Flip the kill switch and the instrument panel stays lit up with it engaged or not, plus neither my headlight or tail light are lit up. Headlight stays off no matter what and the tail light only lights up if I depress the rear brake the front brake doesn't make it light up. I put it on a trickle chargr and my battery appears fine, all the fuses are good and I'm not 100% on how to check relays.

Sounds like there could be an issue with my wiring harness?

·
Super Moderator
8,474 Posts
I hate to say it, but it sounds like you have a long wire tracing project ahead of you. If you don't have a wiring diagram, that's the place to start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts