Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

I'm new to the site and fairly new to the Triumph scene. I just got an '08 Sprint ST (Graphite), and after only 60 miles...I'm in heaven. :D

Back in the mid/late 90's I was racing ZX-7's (SS and SB) and working part time at a Classic Bike shop restoring those old beauties.
Man has Triumph come a long way!

Anyway, just wanted to chime in and say hello before I start beating you all up with questions. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
247 Posts
let me be the first to welcome you, and a fine choice of motorcycle. there are plenty of very knowledgeable people on this forum, I'm not one of them :D. My bike is bone stock :), yet I still love it. I got my mod fix "worked out" from an 02 star warrior. this bike does pretty much everything I need bone stock (cept for the seat). although, I think an 18 tooth front sprocket is in my future. wait til you get around 10 to 15K miles on it, and find out you are still in love with the bike. that is when you will know you made a wise choice. welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Welcome fellow Sprint rider! :)

Might I suggest considering a gel seat in your future? That made my life a whole lot better. Like you I love my Sprint and the more I ride it, the more I like it! :)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Hi & welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy the bike.

this bike does pretty much everything I need bone stock (cept for the seat). quote]

I've done 26,000km/16,000mi on mine & everything's stock, including the seat!

DaveB.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all...

Hi EvilSprint and welcome to our Sprint forum at TriumphRat.net:)

Don and I ask all new members to take time and read our forum stickies so you know how this place runs.
Done!, I've been lurking here for a while. When I finally got the bike I figured it was time to register. :ClapHappy:

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Hey Evil Sprint,
I'm new tooo. Got my 08 graphite in Nov. Been having winter up here in Washington State and have only got 380 miles on Dart since the plunge. Welcome

·
Registered
503 Posts
Welcome! You will not regret your purchase. I'm one of those guys who has added a Corbin seat, heated grips, Pazo levers, Trident exhaust, Penske rear shock, front fork springs, carbon fiber tank pad etc...

I was sure I would keep this bike so I added all those goodies. 27K and still running strong.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Welcome in Evil.

Think you are going to love this bike. Myself I was riding a Yamaha R1 -07 and had a chance to test drive a 1050 this fall, took me about 10 min to decide to change bikes and I feel this one's gonna be a keeper for many years. :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome! You will not regret your purchase. I'm one of those guys who has added a Corbin seat, heated grips, Pazo levers, Trident exhaust, Penske rear shock, front fork springs, carbon fiber tank pad etc...

I was sure I would keep this bike so I added all those goodies. 27K and still running strong.

Have you compared the Corbin to the Gel seat?
I'm leaning towards the Corbin because of the backrest for the wife, but, it will only be me 99% of the time.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Welcome aboard EvilSpint and you too Dart.

You have picked a most magnificent Bike and a great forum to hang out on. There are a lot of good hooligans here with top notch advice.

It's to bad you waited so long to pick up a Sprint an 08 in graphite is nice and all but the 05 Caspian Blue is where its at. :p Just poking little fun.

Happy riding all
Sticks

·
Premium Member
24,231 Posts
Welcome

Hey Evil Sprint,
I'm new tooo. Got my 08 graphite in Nov. Been having winter up here in Washington State and have only got 380 miles on Dart since the plunge. Welcome
Hi Dart and a warm welcome to you too mate.:)

Please read my post to evilsprint re new members.:)

Enjoy the forum:eek:

DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
611 Posts
Welcome aboard EvilSpint and you too Dart.

You have picked a most magnificent Bike and a great forum to hang out on. There are a lot of good hooligans here with top notch advice.

It's to bad you waited so long to pick up a Sprint an 08 in graphite is nice and all but the 05 Caspian Blue is where its at. :p Just poking little fun.

Happy riding all
Sticks
:) Sticks pretty much sums it up. Except the blue part.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Welcome EvilSprint,

Have you compared the Corbin to the Gel seat?
I'm leaning towards the Corbin because
of the backrest for the wife, but, it will only be me 99% of the time.
I have both the gel and Corbin saddles for my 08 Sprint ( 7,000 miles). My take on them is at the thread below.
You're welcome to stop by and check them out when the weather improves a bit. It's currently 4 degrees (-16C)
and snowing at my place so the only things running are the battery tender and wood stove:) ....Tom

http://www.triumphrat.net/sprint-forum/101699-need-pic-of-corbin-seat-on-06-sprint-st.html#post1185653

·
Premium Member
24,231 Posts
Gel Seats

The Triumph Gel seats absorb heat from direct sunlight.

My wife and I find ours on our '04 Sprint ST most comfortable and really like it.

Seats are person, just because it suits me doesn't mean it suits you too.

The gel seat if left uncovered on a hot day will become very hot and toast your buns.

I solve this as we live in a sub tropical hot climate, by either using a small towell to cover it which I keep in my Vetura sportpac or throw my jacket over it, or park in the shde where possible. This solves the problem, otherwise for us it is a great seat.

·
Registered
472 Posts
The Triumph Gel seats absorb heat from direct sunlight.

My wife and I find ours on our '04 Sprint ST most comfortable and really like it.

Seats are person, just because it suits me doesn't mean it suits you too.

The gel seat if left uncovered on a hot day will become very hot and toast your buns.

I solve this as we live in a sub tropical hot climate, by either using a small towell to cover it which I keep in my Vetura sportpac or throw my jacket over it, or park in the shde where possible. This solves the problem, otherwise for us it is a great seat.

ah yes, sunlight. I vaguely remember that. :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts