Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hanging out watching this board for a while but finally have a reason to start posting. With the help of my brother in law (DEcosse) and some others in my family I was able to pick up a 2000 Sprint RS. Definitely a project bike, but it will be fun....it already is!

Hasn't been running for a while and a few things are broken and bent, but it'll get there. Here's a few pics for starters. The last pic is how it looks now after we got it home and somewhat apart.

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
Welcome in, the more the merrier. :)

You sure are a lucky one having DEcosse as a brother in law with him finding the bike and being able to help you get it up to shape.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You sure are a lucky one having DEcosse as a brother in law with him finding the bike and being able to help you get it up to shape.
Yeah, but don't tell him that:YellowWink:

I wouldn't have even known what to look for if it wasn't for him.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I can only imagine what that RS will look like after you guys get through with it!

·
Premium Member
24,231 Posts
Hi Dabrew,
welcome to the sprint forum here at TRat:)

I look forward to seeing your RS progress, you certainly have good help in Ken, he is a very talented fellow indeed.

I wont bore you with my usual dribble but it will pay you to read the forum stickies if you have not done so, it just outlines how the forum is run etc.

Cheers and enjoy...................:)

DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Welcome.
It's nice to see a RS being saved especially one wearing the Lucifer Orange paint.

Have you decided if you're going to put the fairings back on or will it go naked?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome.
It's nice to see a RS being saved especially one wearing the Lucifer Orange paint.

Have you decided if you're going to put the fairings back on or will it go naked?
It will go naked. There is just to much missing and broken to get the whole fairing complete. I am kinda partial to the naked look anyway. Looks like I am going to end up putting bars on it, but I want to keep the overall look low, narrow and compact.

·
Registered
611 Posts
DaBrew, welcome and as stated we look forward to reading about your progress and seeing the finished product.

·
Super Moderator
21,183 Posts
Welcome.

:YellowWink: We do have a brand spanking new pair of right & left RS fairings in Lucifer Orange that we'll be looking to make available to some deserving soul! :p

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hey DaBrew,

First of all, welcome aboard!

Second of all, good luck on the project bike.

Third of all, if you're looking for some ideas on where to go with this, do a search on...ok, I already did it, here's the URL: http://www.triumphrat.net/sprint-forum/92475-crashed-last-night-bad.html

You can have a look at what RM1 did to his bike, even though he's now moving on to the next step (might even be able to give you some lessons learned info on this).

Either way, good luck with it! I too am looking forward to seeing what the end product turns out to be.

Below is one of my personal favs, even if it's not the Sprint underpinnings... but she's an eye catcher, for sure!

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lots of good info in here and some ideas are brewing;)

Got it running a few days ago, so that was a good feeling since it hadn't been run in roughly 5 years. I was expecting it to be much more stubborn to start, but I had sprayed WD-40 down the cylinders and turned it over by hand a few times, put some fresh gas in and a jumper battery and it fired up!!

I have to admit I LOVE the sound of that three cylinder engine:D

Parts are coming together for it so that is good. I would really like to put the bars and risers from a late model speed triple on there, so if you know anybody that has a speed triple and did the fat bar upgrade and has the original bars left over, point 'em my direction.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey DaBrew,

First of all, welcome aboard!

Second of all, good luck on the project bike.

Third of all, if you're looking for some ideas on where to go with this, do a search on...ok, I already did it, here's the URL: http://www.triumphrat.net/sprint-forum/92475-crashed-last-night-bad.html

You can have a look at what RM1 did to his bike, even though he's now moving on to the next step (might even be able to give you some lessons learned info on this).

Either way, good luck with it! I too am looking forward to seeing what the end product turns out to be.

Below is one of my personal favs, even if it's not the Sprint underpinnings... but she's an eye catcher, for sure!
Thanks for the link, lots of good stuff in there

·
Registered
209 Posts
DB,

No probs! looking forward to seeing how it all turns out!

Laters,

Lee

1 - 20 of 21 Posts