Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Sorry in advance for posting yet another K&N filter thread. I'm curious, for those who have fitted K&N air filters, has anyone experienced an issue with the fact that the shape has the triangular corners at the bottom, whereas stock are squared off? I cannot get my new filter to fit, looks like the triangular part clashes in the filter housing, although the filter shape appears every so slightly off too. All the other aftermarket filters appear to have it squared off, not K&N.
In photo, left: Stock 06 Sprint filter, Right: K&N filter apprently for 06 Sprint with the traingular corners. Should it fit?! (I found an old thread here about poor fitting in general, but no mention of this triangular shape)

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
I don't recall anything being weird with mine. I just used K&N filter grease on the rubber sealing portion and off I went.

·
3,070 Posts
Do you have the box with the part number? It should be a TB-1005. It doesn't look like the wrong part though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is TB-1005, but it doesn't fit. They have the trianglar corners, no other filter does.

K&N alternative here also has corners squared off:

Heres a past thread so seems like they can be hit and miss fit

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So perhaps some airboxes don't have enough clearance for the corners? Next time I take the tank off I'll upload a pic of airbox.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts