Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Yes, they have a sound all of their own, one I love.... I could not work out from the ambient noise just how loud those pipes are - but I have a sneaking suspicion a little too loud for my neighbourhood - but AWESOME sound! :cool:

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Yes, they have a sound all of their own, one I love.... I could not work out from the ambient noise just how loud those pipes are - but I have a sneaking suspicion a little too loud for my neighbourhood - but AWESOME sound! :cool:
They're not too loud. Well, maybe just a bit:) They do however have baffles and they still sound great with them in.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I reckon I can hear your IXILs from my place which is 15km away when you take the baffles out!:YellowWow:

Shame you didn't get to dyno the bike at City Triumph a couple of weeks back. It would have been nice to see how it would go with the baffles out of the IXILs.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sigh...... makes me miss my Sprint in the worse way especially with the IXIL's.
So whats stopping you from getting another Sprint?:D
Redonblack,

Those pipes sound great! BTW, that's a busy little 2 lane road!:)
Yeah, the road was fairly quiet until I went to take off and then every man and his dog decided to go past. I might have another go at it with less traffic and then I can give it a bit more welly.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Even my incident with the curb can't keep me apart from another sprint with an IXIL this year.

Edit: Also, the bracket you made for me last year is going on the new bike! Thanks again :)

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Very raspy!

I must find someone to film me on mine with the baffles out on the Tridents :D

Only for a research purposes you undertstand!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts