Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot seem to find the exact answer for this. Will a rear hugger from a 1050 work on a 955i, as far as the bolt holes lining up and fitment???? Thanks

·
Registered
382 Posts
Mate, someone WILL answer your question, just sometimes it takes a day or 2 before the person with the right answer sees it! 4 hours might be asking too much!

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
I can tell you with absolute confidence that I, in fact, am not sure about this answer... I just wanted to show you that you're thread is being looked at, and if there is an answer to be had here, I'm sure you will have it eventually...

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I'm guessing that you would be better off trying to find one made for your year bike. Geelong Carbon makes one. Pyramid as well.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I just finishing trimming all the plastic away from my original 955 guard and it looks good and cost nothing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would like to see all the pics of ones that have been done DIY style! I just like the style of the 1050 as opposed to the 955.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Whoops, you are right DarlingRat, i should slow down and concentrate. As far as huggers go, i bought a Powerbronze for mine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have looked at those and they are just to big for my taste. I have been looking around for them, smaller and more like the 1050..... Hence the reason for my thread.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I have previously posted problems i had with a Red Fox hugger. I bought one, then had it replaced because it cracked, and the 2nd one cracked as well. They look good but don't bother. The 955 only has two mounting holes as you would know and they need more support to stop them cracking, The Powerbronze has a steel support that runs along the underside of the hugger which is why i bought it. It looks fine to me and keeps everything clean but everyones tastes are different.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts