Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! I'm psyched too! I just love f**king around with my bikes. These forks will be a wicked upgrade.

How much machine work will you need to have done to get the '06 forks on there? Are you planning on buying the RaceComp kit?

·
Super Moderator
21,224 Posts
There is some machining (2mm) off one leg because the k5/6 are 4mm narrower between the centres, so need the 2mm offset to recentre the wheel.

I'm not sure yet what I will get from Racecomp - I can probably get some machining done locally but Steve has been courteous in responding to some e-mails so I will surely buy some things from him - maybe one of his gorgeous CF pieces!

·
Registered
528 Posts
You guys are hardcore. I really wOULD love to do this mode, but im a mechanical beanie.

Kuhula didnt add his speedo cable, lets see if you guys can get that connected. That is one of the things I would hate. I have to be able to have my oem speedo work.

Maybe when you guys sell your triples you can sell me those forks cheap :)

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I might try and reconnect the speedo when I get home. Dunno though, I ordered a Veypor VR2 the day I left for Texas... Gonna try and pitch the stock guages when I get home.

Drove 24 hours straight down here and am not really looking forward to the drive home (van, not bike).

Congrats on the projects guys. If you need any tips, Racecomp was really helpful to me. I'm happy to answer any questions. Won't be home until saturday night, but I'll be responding to my emails on sunday. Checking the forums and stuff on a friend's computer down here.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I'll sell you a pair of stock forks! Lol.

Actually, they'll be on ebay before long.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Nothing, it'd just be cheaper to make aluminum extensions to bolt the stock fender to.

·
Super Moderator
21,224 Posts
On 2006-08-10 08:48, kuhlka wrote:
Nothing, it'd just be cheaper to make aluminum extensions to bolt the stock fender to.
Sure - I was thinking of that too, but at least with the GSXR OEM you get the fork slider protection which may or not be a concern.
Used fenders are only ~ $50 on E-Bay.
If going CF (new) then it probably will be about same cost for either model I would think - but that is going to have to be later in the budget!

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I was thinking I'd make the brackets so they have the fork protection built-in. Basically, one-piece hand-formed aluminum brackets that just bolt on. I might just go with a CF GSXR fender though. It'd be easier and I'm sure my Tamburini CF front fender would sell on ebay easily enough with the stock front end.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts