Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I bought a new wiring harness for my naked daytona, put it into my bike...aaaand it works.

BUT: the headlight hasn't got ground potential, the headlight-indicator dosen't work und the starter-relais is missing ground too.

I made some new connections and everything works finde now, the indicator for the low/high beam still not.

Some ideas ?

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
22,143 Posts
The headlights & the hi beam indicator receive ground from the headlight cut relay;
this relay is the only 5 pin relay used on the bike - it MUST be a 5-pin relay in order to complete the circuit through the normally closed contact which is what supplies the ground connection to the lights. That connection from the lights comes from the centre pin, 87a.
The ground itself should come in on pin 30.

When the starter button is pressed, the relay energizes to 'open' the ground connection to the lights.
It sounds like you may have the wrong relay in the position for the headlight cut relay.
If you mixed up the relays and put a 4-pin relay in that slot, that would explain it.

The starter solenoid gets its 'ground' directly from the clutch switch. So look to that for the problem there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The starter solenoid gets its 'ground' directly from the clutch switch.
Okay, I'll check the relais, but it should be the right one.

I've got no clutch switch, may be the old harness was already modified from the first owner. The new one wasn't modified until i did it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts