Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another bike for the garage, to compliment the Thruxton, Race Firestorm and Road Firestorm.

A 1997 Moto Guzzi 1100 Sport Injection with 37,000km (22000 miles) on the clock, in good condition with MOT to July 2007, but needs the alternator rewinding. I think its a bargain at £1,500.00 (approx. $3,000.00). I collect it on the 31st December.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looks great! I just got this:

6500 miles on it...$4500

Sweet ride..tons of torque!!! :-D

[ This message was edited by: NorBsaTri on 2006-12-18 06:16 ]

·
Registered
102 Posts
Rob

That is really smart - what a deal! Not only do you have one of the best looking Thruxtons (BTW I have sucessfully copied your rear LED etc and am also running the 'ahem' vintage number plate) you have picked the same bike that I was thinking of to keep my Thruxton company (1098S ruled out on cost - keeping one Ducati is more than enough.....!!!) You are a man of taste!!

Rode a friends afew years back - heaviest throttle ever.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On 2006-12-18 06:28, Pict wrote:
Rob

That is really smart - what a deal! Not only do you have one of the best looking Thruxtons (BTW I have sucessfully copied your rear LED etc and am also running the 'ahem' vintage number plate) you have picked the same bike that I was thinking of to keep my Thruxton company (1098S ruled out on cost - keeping one Ducati is more than enough.....!!!) You are a man of taste!!

Rode a friends afew years back - heaviest throttle ever.
Was your friend's bike the carb or injection model? I know the carb throttle was very heavy. The present owner has said the clutch is heavier than my Thruxton's, which is fitted with 10% heavier clutch spings.

Can you post some photos of your Thruxton, with the new rear end!!

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Congrats Rob - great purchase. Maybe you can pick up a deal for me and ship it to Cape Town? That bike would be at least double your price (probably more) in SA!

·
Registered
56 Posts
On 2006-12-18 06:38, robnobrakes wrote:
On 2006-12-18 06:11, NorBsaTri wrote:
Looks great! I just got this:

6500 miles on it...$4500

Sweet ride..tons of torque!!! :-D

Nice, are there any more photos

Not yet...these are the snaps from the guy I bought it from...once I get my carbon pipes, crossover, PCIII, airbox kit and fender eliminator kit (I can't help myself :-D ), I will shoot some proper photos.

·
Registered
102 Posts
"Was your friend's bike the carb or injection model? I know the carb throttle was very heavy. The present owner has said the clutch is heavier than my Thruxton's, which is fitted with 10% heavier clutch spings.

Can you post some photos of your Thruxton, with the new rear end!!"

Pretty sure it was exactly as per yours i.e. injection but it was a while ago so can't say 100% - Getting some photo's up on this forum will be my project for the holidays.....

·
Registered
476 Posts
Nicely done!
I have started to really appreciate Moto Guzzis lately as an alternative to a seemingly endless flood of Ducatis running around.

We have an old Moto Guzzi dealer in Santa Barbara who has been flying the flag for a LOOOOONG time now.
(Sports Cycle Pacific)

He has a Griso that is just lurking in his shop with no takers. (He also does custom one off bits (ideas for production pieces) all the time.

He has sold a few Brevas to both men & women alike who are in love with the bikes & use them everyday.

hmmmm maybe a Lemans is in my future?

Gorgeous bike BTW.
Ride safe.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On 2006-12-23 21:51, islemann wrote:
Rob,
That is stunning. I love the shape of the tank. Evocative of many alloy cafe' bike tanks.

Nice. Verrah nice.
The tank shape is superb.

Counting the days now. I collect her on the 31st

1 - 14 of 14 Posts