Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to keep coming on here and asking questions hopefully I’ll be educated enough to answer questions myself soon! But in the meantime anyone know why Petrol has suddenly started running out the overflow pipe in the picture? I tried tapping the float bowl but would Petrol run out of that pipe if the float was stuck,I seem to be having a run of problems lately!!
8F439329-176F-446D-B93B-8086B75B19F8.jpeg

·
Registered
55 Posts
I agree with Adam, it's likely the needle and seat. Some of the float needles had a neoprene tip that can perish with age...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I drained the float bowl on the left hand carb turned the fuel on to refill it and the right hand started leaking!! So I then drained both float bowls and refilled them and the problem stopped.. very strange.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Well I drained the float bowl on the left hand carb turned the fuel on to refill it and the right hand started leaking!! So I then drained both float bowls and refilled them and the problem stopped.. very strange.
Not strange, what you did is the first thing one should do to flush out the aforementioned dirt particle from the needle seat. It usually works the first time.

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
This leaking problem is caused by tesco momentum fuel in my bike. Only fuel i have used that causes the carbs to leak as soon as i fill up. That is the same on 2 bikes when using tesco fuel. Shell is much better and does not promote the leak.

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
I wonder what is in the Tesco fuel that allows the viton tips to leak. After having a tankful on two bikes, i had to start up and ride off fast which settled the fuel valves again with the vibration. No problem using it with the fuel injected Triumphs though. Tesco momentum has a very different smell than the Shell equivalent. Both fuels are now E5

1 - 10 of 10 Posts