Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
$15000 US (if the seller is listing it as $18000 CAD) is a ridiculous price for a Bonnie with nothing more than a "special" paint scheme. It was only something like $10000 when released. Good looking bike but it is not worth more than a regular T100. If Triumph would have done more to make it a real anniversary then the price might be worth it.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
$15000 US (if the seller is listing it as $18000 CAD) is a ridiculous price for a Bonnie with nothing more than a "special" paint scheme. It was only something like $10000 when released. Good looking bike but it is not worth more than a regular T100. If Triumph would have done more to make it a real anniversary then the price might be worth it.
Agreed - and I own one of 'em

Dick

·
Registered
285 Posts
A guy in Australia was trying to sell one on Ebay for A$17000.

Highest bid was around A$14000.

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
Not knock anyones bike but I dont think they look as good as the regular bikes the color dont do a thing for me.But thats just my taste.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my dealer has one on the floor number 619, I think. 12,900
Hmmm. If I didn't have a firm order in with my dealer I might be giving your dealer a call. For the two grand over the list of my T100, I might just be tempted. I assumed all the anniversary models were snapped up. As it is, my bike is being shipped from BC to Ontario because of my colour choice... I don't think they would take kindly to me telling them I changed my mind. :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Yeah they already had one and it was presold. I was shocked when this one was out on the showroom floor and is still there 2 months later. I am I think the first one was 619 and this one is 643.... can't remember now.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah they already had one and it was presold. I was shocked when this one was out on the showroom floor and is still there 2 months later. I am I think the first one was 619 and this one is 643.... can't remember now.
I think I am going to be just as happy with my B&W T100. I am buying the bike primarily to ride. It is going to be bad enough worrying about dropping a new Triumph...let alone a limited edition model.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Easy,
There is a Black and white one at my dealer as well. Just sitting there beside a blue and white SE. I absolutley love that black and opal bike.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Easy,
There is a Black and white one at my dealer as well. Just sitting there beside a blue and white SE. I absolutley love that black and opal bike.
It was a tough colour choice for me as I liked them all. First the blue and white SE caught my eye, but wanting a T100 I originally ordered the Claret and Silver, wanting a more traditional colour... but then several people who I respect highly suggested I take a closer look at the Black and Opal. What really did it for me was the moment I went to Surfdog's web site.

http://www.napaliprop.com/2008-T-100.html

After that there was only one colour for me.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Back to the over-priced 2009. Seems as though the seller is attempting to be an opportunist, like the Miata mania a while ago.
I think is rather crass...and naive on his part. Merely a paint scheme and a few baubles away from any other Bonneville.
If the guy bought the bike and decided he does not like it, sell it at a fair market price, whatever that is, but to use a cheesey method of enticement such as it's"a future collectable" is just tacky.

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
I live on the Southside close to Midlothian Turnpike off Courthouse Rd. You?
West end here henrico court house area .We will have to get togther some time and ride.I should have my motor back on my bike in the next week or so.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts