Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My beloved Anglo bike upswept exhaust end cans have seen better days, 40 years old and worse for wear. I just love these pipes, designed by the brilliant Pete Frost to release the horses, they also let the decibels slip out a little (actually quite a lot).

My first consideration was to have them refurbished and re-chromed, but instead I commissioned two sets of replicas in stainless steel.
They arrived this afternoon, measuring them up the originals have been faithfully reproduced, including the riveted internal baffles >:)

One set I had made with standard 1 3/8" inlet, the second set with 1 1/2" to suit my 900 NRE downpipes.

Here are some pics, one showing where the Christmas Fairy lives (one for the Ogri fans).

Attachments

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
gorgeous is closer to the mark ( if they still make the same sound )

and i remember the cartoon about where the Christmas fairey lives - still got the first bound volume somewhere

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Dave,
sorry about the delay.

They look really good!
My originals are still in good nick but how much did they cost?
My friend dropped the originals off while he was working in Devon to a guy called Peter Weller, a month later a they were posted back with two mm perfect copies in stainless Steel. They were £220 (UK pound) a pair.
He has made a jig for them so he can make more.

https://www.pgwengineeringtorbay.co.uk/

Hi Wol
gorgeous is closer to the mark ( if they still make the same sound )

and i remember the cartoon about where the Christmas fairey lives - still got the first bound volume somewhere
Internally they are a perfect copy, so they should still sound like WW3 on wheels.

Peg.

I also found this:grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
that attatchment just proved my memory (for bike related stuff) is still OK

had an image in my head of that lad peering down Ogris zorst pipe -- and i thought his bike had a Vinni engine -- will have to sort the book out and re-live the moments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts