Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just changed the Anakee 2 on the rear after 7,300 miles, more than pleased about 1mm left before tyre bars, so replaced with another Anakee 2.

front also replaced to anakee 2, had a metzeler tourance on the front. still loads of life left but lost confidence in this tyre as some times great grip in heavey rain or dry roads but as it starts to rain it felt vauge.

so cut my losses and changed both.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Hi Dave,

I've always stuck with the Anakee 2's and I think they do ok :)

I never got the better mileage Michelin claimed over the earlier Anakee.

There's always a debate over which tyre is best, but I wonder if you would notice the difference as to which tyre you've got on when riding ??

As for riding in the wet, I ride like a big girls blouse when it's raining and don't put any pressure on the tyre to perform, as every road has different grip qualities and it's not worth finding out which one's which :confused:

One thing I have noticed with all my recent Anakee 2's, is that there is what I think a manufacturing defect in the rubber. Every one I've had recently has had a "cut" line in the tread pattern, sometimes across the tread, sometimes round the tread as if someone's taken a blade and cut a line. It's not deep, just about half a millimeter but this cut line stays in the tread as the tyre wears down and never wears out ?? Any ideas ??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts