Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.
I am new to the forum. This my first post. I have been reading the posts on the removal of the air injection from the Triumph America. I have just bought my america a few weeks past and have added after market pipes which pop when slowing down. If I remove the air injectors will this help my problem. I only have 150kms on my bike and was worried if I remove the injectors will it void my new bike warranty or will the dealer need to do it. Does it improve the bike in any way or do any harm to the motor. Thanks in advance. Regards John

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi All.
I am new to the forum. This my first post. I have been reading the posts on the removal of the air injection from the Triumph America. I have just bought my america a few weeks past and have added after market pipes which pop when slowing down. If I remove the air injectors will this help my problem. I only have 150kms on my bike and was worried if I remove the injectors will it void my new bike warranty or will the dealer need to do it. Does it improve the bike in any way or do any harm to the motor. Thanks in advance. Regards John
You need to first find out if you have either pre or main cats in your exhaust - if you don't, removing AI is an option, if you do you risk the cats failing and blocking the pipes - yes it will affect warranty.

You say you have aftermarket pipes - is this just silencers or full system?

Many do remove air injection and it should help get rid of the popping. You may also benefit from a re-map to suit the freer flowing pipes if this has not already been done. I'me sure you will get further advice shortly from those experienced in doing this.

Enjoy your new bike - they look great.
Phil

·
Registered
78 Posts
Rodeo, is your bike a brand new one with EFI? If so, here's a link to a thread from the Twin Tech category with the best advice I have read so far on AI removal from a EFI twin.

http://tinyurl.com/l4onx9

I've dealt with 3 dealers so far, and have had no satisfaction, when I removed the AI (I have de-baffled stock pipes on my America).

I've re-installed the AI, for now, as I need the bike for a long trip later this week, so it needs to be running good. I can live with the decel popping for now.

I'll remove the AI again, after this trip, using the info from the above thread.

Good luck.

Jim F

1 - 4 of 4 Posts