Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got it .I bought a 2007 model America last week.It was exactly the model I'd been lusting after.8,500 kms on it and at the right price.I do get a bit of muscle pain in my shoulders which could be from the bars.I'm thinking of changing them for a set of speedmaster bars.But I'm VERY happy with this bike:)

·
30,533 Posts
That is very cool man! I know you will love riding that bike.

The only trouble is......there's no pictures! :eek:

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Being a dinosaur ,I just got a digital camera.I have worked out which end to point at the subject and which end to look through but posting pictures may take some time,to say the least!

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
I have an '03 Speedmaster that the previous owner put the America bars on. I am thinking about switching back to drag bars, but more for looks than comfort.

·
30,533 Posts
posting pictures may take some time,to say the least!
Not to worry, take your time. Ask if you have questions, and just for starters here is a link to some info on picture posting that might help a bit:

http://www.triumphrat.net/kicking-the-tires/98756-how-to-post-picture.html

there is a "kicking the tyres" forum where you can practice posting pics and things, until you're comfortable with it:

http://www.triumphrat.net/kicking-the-tires/

Have a good one! Let me know if you need help, and again, a very good welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
For long framed cruisers the Americas and Speedmasters handle great . Ever since trying out a friend's Speedmaster I sometimes consider getting one myself. You'll be very happy with it .

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I have an '03 Speedmaster that the previous owner put the America bars on. I am thinking about switching back to drag bars, but more for looks than comfort.
My 07 SM with stock drag bars & OEM foot boards fits me perfectly...:D

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome propforward.I'll take time and have a look at the link to post the pic.s too.Thanks again

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Being a dinosaur ,I just got a digital camera.I have worked out which end to point at the subject and which end to look through but posting pictures may take some time,to say the least!
Hah! Of course you are a dinosaur! You bought a Triumph! A dinosaur with good taste, indeed. Good luck with the bike.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone.Pictures will come,but I wont be home with my own computer[or my Triumph!]for three months.So as I said earlier they will take time.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Congratulations on choosing a brilliant machine. As far as your shoulder pain, that may dissipate with more riding time, as I think you said you just got it recently and it's early in the season. Also, the America lends itself well to changing your riding position. For example, it's easy to shift your feet to the rear/passenger footpegs, and effectively change which major muscle groups you're using, and you'll feel an immediate difference - great on longer rides on the highway. Oh, and of course make sure you're not riding with slumped shoulders. All the best and enjoy!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well I finally got it .I bought a 2007 model America last week.It was exactly the model I'd been lusting after.8,500 kms on it and at the right price.I do get a bit of muscle pain in my shoulders which could be from the bars.I'm thinking of changing them for a set of speedmaster bars.But I'm VERY happy with this bike:)
That is one of the reasons why I bought my '07 speedy. The America bars seemed too uncomfortable to me.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I think it could be a combination of not riding much in the past few months and the bars.I think the bars could be rotated up an inch.If that doesn't work I have the option to change the bars then.I'll see when I get back.I'm in Thailand for a couple of months.I have a 600cc honda over here with similar bars to the America but not quite as wide[I think]
This is the 4th Triumph I've owned.so I'm begining to think I like them!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts