Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I'm out on the Bonnie all by myself enjoying the country roads, and I speak, and my wife doesn't hear me....am I still wrong?

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Why No, and ,and,you are not wrong when she is there and she hears you!!!!!
Trident85596, with that kind of an answer, I'll bet you leave the seat up, too. :roflmoa2:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Maybe I'm just a jaded divorced feller, but isn't the question this: If you're out on the Bonnie all by yourself enjoying the country roads, you speak and your wife doesn't hear you, did you make a sound??

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Did he make a sound? NO, not without his wife to hear him.
Was he still wrong? OF COURSE. Silly question. You boys are always wrong. If you'd just get that part straight, we wives wouldn't have to keep telling you so. :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Argh. I'm fed up w/ guys who hold the "ball n chain" philosophy of life. It ain't necessarily so. I reckon y'all WANT to be tied down to something, so's you don't have to take responsibility. (Mare speaking as civilian, not Moderator.)

Also, this post needs to move to Twins Hang Out. (Moderator-speak)

:kck:

Yes, my best friend just got married, bcs he couldn't deal w/ freedom...

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
I don't understand the question or the answers. I feel lucky!

Bob

·
Registered
303 Posts
If your out on your Bonnie, and you speak, and your wife does,nt hear you,..........................
It means you buried her deep enough :mad:

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
When I was out on my Triumph (back before there was fire) with my wife and I spoke, she'd say "Sorry Honey, I didn't hear you. I was listening to the bike".

·
Registered
711 Posts
I'll have to ask my wife what my answer is....... Just kidding, I am one of the fortunate ones that enjoys total (99.9% anyways) support of my riding and weekly trips to the dealers to buy "must have" items. Working on 30 years now, feel for those that had to make the split to survive. It's never easy.

Ride fast and safe, keep looking for a best friend to enjoy life with.

Cheers! :-g

·
Registered
868 Posts
I my case, I would be told the following:

"Ugh, you've missed the point again! Its not about being right or wrong, its that you're always the one talking, not listening...."

Followed by a protracted "listening" session which necessitates me missing MNF yet again.

So it goes....

P

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Okay Mare, try this: If I'm out on my bike and I speak and my husband doesn't hear me . . . so what! He doesn't hear me most of the time, which lets me get away with saying outrageous things. After 20 years of relative compatibility, I know this and accept it. I probably "hear" him more often, but it's at my discretion. Funny thing is, when he wants the "ball and chain," he makes sure I hear him. I sometimes quietly point this out . . .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.