Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it seem like hot topics here and good tech info on the Bonnie Owners Forum are kinda at a lull lately??? Maybe I've already learned most of what I think I need to know?

I thought this was the time of year lots of us won't be riding as much as we'd like (in the northern hemisphere anyway) and that things would actually start to pick up a little around here. It seems like maybe the opposite is true for me. Now that I can't ride everyday... I can't find as many interesting topics (to pass the time) either.

Is anyone else here experiencing a feeling of nothing to do w/ your time, or maybe a feeling of emptiness? :( Or, can anybody offer up an explanation to possibly whats going on around here? Am I going stir crazy already?!?!?

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
dude, relax you live in Central Texas. Tomorrow will be one of the best days EVER for a ride after about 10am, and so will Sunday.

So get on that thing and ride it out tomorrow, think about the guys up north, they can't ride for months. I'll be riding through the winter!

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
It's all a conspiracy, The guys up north do ride in the snow and Ice! I just got done putting the screws in my tires! You haven't lived to you kick the azz end out on some Ice... I would post pics, but we are trying to keep this on the down low.. And no I wont tell you the right screws to run in your tires...

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Really chill...I am in Maine and there is no way in hell I will be riding for a while...By the way nice bike.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
road_dog
You are not alone, I thought it seemed pretty slow around
here lately. Then there are those posts that never go away
they just get bigger and bigger.
I haven't put the bike away yet??? I'm still holding out for
a few more good days. My winter riding days are over.
Bill

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah Haah... so I'm not the only one who's noticed a lull in good posts! That's the main point I was trying to make. I can always count on you Bill, we seem to think alike. :wink:

Hey... I realize we got it good around here, and was thinking more of you guys in Northern US and Canada. If I wanted a local weather forecast, I'd just watch the local weather on TV. Turns out It's cool and overcast here today anyway. :razz:

I guess I'm a real wuss... compared to you guys up North at least. Oh yea... and the guys that ride all year, even around here. I suppose I use my bike for pleasure... and riding in the cold is tuffer on my old bones than it used to be. I prefer not to ride when the streets are wet or rain is likely either. But that's for my baby... not me. :-D

M

·
0 Posts
Well , we could talk about why Triumph placed the 865 " 360 crank " intake cam's lobe center angle where they did and why that high of a LCA does not lend it'self to a long rod engine so well

then

figure out what we can do about it :cool:

[ This message was edited by: moddedtunnel on 2006-12-02 13:46 ]

·
Registered
79 Posts
We can also talk about why dyno jet won't develop the thunder slide ''flat slide'' conversion for the Bonneville cv carbs.I usually e-mail them at least twice a week with no responce.If they can make one for the hd cv carbs then making one fit into the Bonneville's carbs should be no great task.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now you're talking.... where have you guys been hiding at? Out enjoying an extra week or two of riding this fall... yea???

Hey moddedtunnel... where are you riding at these days anyway? Florida, South America, Australia? And what are you riding? A moped, Vespa, BMW? What's up with all the anonymity?
Is there something you'd really like to tell us :???:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I've noticed a lull too, but I attributed it to procrastination. In other words, folks are doing all the things they put off doing when they were riding. Between getting through one holiday, getting ready for another, finishing up a semester of teaching, and getting ready for a January exhibition of my work, I've been putting in long days. I can ignore my "TO DO" list if the riding is good, but this time of year always feels like catch-up time for all those things I put off taking care of.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Well, I'm ticked off nobody said a word when I posted on the forum the increase in performance I got from disconnecting the TPS. I expected all kind of disbelief, tech reasons why I'm full of s$%^t etc. and not a peep!

·
Registered
505 Posts
And while wer'e on it, how come I can still run 40 pilots after NARK on an 02 Bonny and everyone else seems to need 42 or 45s?When it idles, it idles, doesn't matter what youv'e done to improve breathing etc.- that for more power up the rev range.
Shouldn't affect idle mixture- now lets discuss that.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On 2006-12-02 15:50, badrufus wrote:
I've noticed a lull too, but I attributed it to procrastination. In other words, folks are doing all the things they put off doing when they were riding. Between getting through one holiday, getting ready for another, finishing up a semester of teaching, and getting ready for a January exhibition of my work, I've been putting in long days. I can ignore my "TO DO" list if the riding is good, but this time of year always feels like catch-up time for all those things I put off taking care of.
OK... now that's probably true. I guess this IS the season of 'hustle and bustle'. Excellent deduction badrufus! Being somewhat of a scrooge myself and having an 'old lady' that does all that sort of stuff, usually w/ her sister. I didn't even think about that.

There's a few things around the house I should get done now myself. But, I did manage to get my Bonnie pretty much the way I want over the riding season. So at least I've got my priorities straight. :upthumb:

POPPE / stu, I think you guys need to get together and talk carburetion (sp?). Give it one more chance stu. Please tell me what you mean by TPS?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
road_dog
I was asking my self the same question.
I'm guessing he means TPS (throttle position sensor)
But ,I don't know how that would increase performance?
Bill

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Ok .... now you've got it kicked off! Waiting for the return.

Bob

·
Registered
683 Posts
On 2006-12-01 22:16, road_dog wrote:
Does it seem like hot topics here and good tech info on the Bonnie Owners Forum are kinda at a lull lately??? Maybe I've already learned most of what I think I need to know?

I thought this was the time of year lots of us won't be riding as much as we'd like (in the northern hemisphere anyway) and that things would actually start to pick up a little around here. It seems like maybe the opposite is true for me. Now that I can't ride everyday... I can't find as many interesting topics (to pass the time) either.

Is anyone else here experiencing a feeling of nothing to do w/ your time, or maybe a feeling of emptiness? :( Or, can anybody offer up an explanation to possibly whats going on around here? Am I going stir crazy already?!?!?
I just go riding....
Of course since I got the new Thruxie rear fender from TCB, now I have some seious decisions to make in the furtherance of "Project Bonneton"
Do I paint the fender black to match the side covers, or Goodwood green to match the other body work? I'm thinking Black, cause the seat cowl will be GW green.... decisions, decisions.
But at least she won't be down for an hour or 2 when I do change out the fender.... :-D

·
Registered
505 Posts
When you disconnect the THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR it advances the timing at low RPM IMHO. Free acceleralation increase, by disconnecting one plug. No interest it seems

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
s anyone else here experiencing a feeling of nothing to do w/ your time, or maybe a feeling of emptiness? :( Or, can anybody offer up an explanation to possibly whats going on around here? Am I going stir crazy already?!?!?
You're bored? Cripe, I'm already going crazy. I'm preparing to document the torque and HP differences between my stock 790 engine vs with advanced exhaust cam vs advanced exhaust and retarded intake cam. (really - I talked with the dyno shop yesterday .... we're making plans). Oh, and by the way, so bored I went out today and bought a leftover 2005 ST1300. Well, so much for the bathroom remodeling project this year!

Bob

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.