Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone ever fit an aluminum tank, cowl, and fenders from a Bonneville to a T-bird, or TBS?

Here's what I'm looking at:
http://www.tabclassics.com/product.php?id=60

Apparently the bonny and the t-bird use the same tank mounting bushings, system.
The Tabclassics tank has the "vee's" for the bushing mounts, and the tail of the tank is left to drill your own mounting holes.

I want to cafe my TBS, and polished aluminum parts is one avenue I'm thinking about.

Something along the lines of this...

I guess this could be one of my crazier ideas.....

Attachments

·
Registered
980 Posts
I did a Thruxton a few years back with parts from TaBaker, very helpful and excellent product.
The Bonneville tank will not fit due to the width of the expansion tank. I'm sure Terry though would be able to do a one off so long as he could have a tank or frame to work from.
Fenders are also different and won't fit.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jag

·
Registered
694 Posts
cafe

Charlie: I really like your cafe idea. I've been considering clipons, but I don't want to lower the front end to do it, and lose the ground clearance. Where would you get an aluminum tank from? Tom

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tom,
I was looking at T.A.Baker TabIIClassics in West Wales, UK.
and The Tank Shop, in Scotland.

·
Registered
980 Posts
If you click on my avatar you will find "My Album"
If you have a look you will see a couple of pictures of my alloy bodied Thruxton. The tank was from TA baker (Terry), fantastic service and very speedy delivery.
The rear seat was from the tank shop, good workmanship but very unpleasant to deal with. Lots of missed delivery dates and promises. Would never order from the Tank shop again. If you google "The Tank Shop" you will find a lot of unhappy customers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts