Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone in USA have one that they'd like to sell or lend?
Fits T-Bird and Rocket III
T3880200

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a local machine shop make one for me. I would be happy to lend you mine but the cost of postage back and forth would likely be about the same as the cost of having one made. If you want I can send you the design specs. Mine does not have the big hex as in your pic, rather just a threaded blind hole for a short 1/2" hex bolt threaded in fully. I can send you a pic if you want. Don't forget you need the lock-up pin for the crank when you are removing the cam chain.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a local machine shop make one for me. I would be happy to lend you mine but the cost of postage back and forth would likely be about the same as the cost of having one made. If you want I can send you the design specs. Mine does not have the big hex as in your pic, rather just a threaded blind hole for a short 1/2" hex bolt threaded in fully. I can send you a pic if you want. Don't forget you need the lock-up pin for the crank when you are removing the cam chain.
I can give you the pin info too if you like.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can easily make the pin. I made a removal tool and it threaded in ok, but without a hex head, it was very hard to get enough power into it.
Machine shops around here are very proud of their work.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. I have a loaner on the way from a gent on the R3 forum.
bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts