Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone found pegs from a different bike make that will fit? The rubber on my left peg has just about worn out (right is fine) and I begrudge giving Triumph £45 for a new one.

I read somewhere that Yamaha pegs work but having looked at a couple I found the pivot pin was 8mm, whereas on the Triumph it is 10mm. I know for sure that Kawasaki pegs do not fit either.

The Kuryakin type pegs do not appeal, too much bling:)

PS I think something like this would look ok on a Thunderbird.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3173/2844765235_3dc05592d9_o.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
I fitted triumph daytona pegs to mine - they needed some adjustment but as they are solid Aluminum it wasn't too hard. Best thing is I bought them as brand new take-offs for a song on flea-bay

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Slinky,

Sorry you're across the pond, as I have a set off my Legend that I replaced with Kuryakyn for more leg room. The ones I got are more comfortable, and pretty plain. I think they are called iso pegs, but I don't see them on their website any longer.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Slinky,

Sorry you're across the pond, as I have a set off my Legend that I replaced with Kuryakyn for more leg room. The ones I got are more comfortable, and pretty plain. I think they are called iso pegs, but I don't see them on their website any longer.
Surface mail to the UK would be pretty reasonable and doesn't take too long. For some reason its MUCH cheaper to send things Eastwards than Westwards across the pond

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Probably there's a tailwind.:) Slinky, if you want them, pm me with your address, and I can box them up and get a price from the post office for you. They only have 4000 miles on them, and you can have them if you'd like to pay the shipping.

·
Premium Member
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Probably there's a tailwind.:) Slinky, if you want them, pm me with your address, and I can box them up and get a price from the post office for you. They only have 4000 miles on them, and you can have them if you'd like to pay the shipping.
That would be excellent Ssevy, thanks for your help! That sounds like the perfect solution.

Mick, thanks for your input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts