Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Speed Triple and am looking for a second set of used wheels for the track. Does anyone know of other Speedy model years that are interchangeable, maybe even different models?
I am unsure of the wheel width, but want to stay with the stock size tires.... rear 180/55/17 and front 120/70/17. I found a similar thread, but it was dated early 2006. Thank you from Northern California.

·
Registered
453 Posts
In the process of doing the same for my '03. I think you will be fine with anything '05 and later, but not 100% sure.

What kind of tires are you going with for the track??

·
Super Moderator
21,186 Posts
Greetings from fellow Pleasantonian :p

Any of the single side swing-arm wheels will fit rear
You'll need to stick with 05+ S3 for front though as rotors are different pitch on the radial bikes.
You could probably fit some 97-01 S3/Daytona or 99-04 Sprint fronts as they also have 25mm axle, but would need some custom axle & rotor spacers.
(and the rotors are not inter-changeable to the early wheels)

Sprint 05+ wheels will also fit, but need the S3 front rotors.

With a little effort some Suzuki wheels would not be too hard to fit on the front.

03 Speed3, you don't have much choice as you have 20mm front axle - only 02-04 S3 & 02-06 Daytona utilized that (of the triples anyway)

·
Registered
453 Posts
I've got the wheels and bearings and rotors. Just need some tires. Looking at Michelin Power Race or Power One. Not gonna use warmers. Looking for some experienced advice. I want good grip for an intermediate rider at the middle of the pack but the longest possible life.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts