Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finish installing the NARK and D&D pipe on my 07 T100...

I was planning to install it myself after reading lots and lots of great tips here. But when they arrived on Thursday, I jacked my bike up and almost chicken out when I saw how tight the screw on the float bowl was...

I searched again for tips on this forum and saw one of you guys utilizing a thumb screwdriver... so I went searching at Sears and actually saw a mini-rachet type screwdriver...(I will post the picture later) and this works so well in removing the screws...

Ever with the helpful screwdriver rachet, I still managed to strip one of the screw... and now I ended up with a crack float bowl on the left side... (Anyone has extra left-side float bowl??)

Anyway, I started the mod yesterday evening (and had to miss Lakers vs Rocket game for this) and finish up late morning today...

I just test rode it an hour ago....

OH MY GOD!!!!

I didnt expect the power improvement with this mod...I know its going to be a significant gain...but man oh man... no words can described the feeling the first time I twist the throttle...:D

The sound was awesome as well... it sounded like a drag bike...
The bike now responded so well now... I am falling in love with my bike again...

To top it off, we had a gorgeous weather here in Portland...

I'm gonna nap now and plan to take my baby out again later this afternoon...

Thank you guys for all the great tips...

·
30,527 Posts
Ah well...........

There you are you see. I was out testing mine again today.

Good innit? :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah well...........

There you are you see. I was out testing mine again today.

Good innit? :D
Im Lovin' it... :)

Now I know what you guys meant by "the grin"...
Took it out twice today and just love it... and I dont think they are "too loud"...

Jetting the main jet turned out to be as easy as unscrewing 8 screws plus 2 jet and screwing back in...

I didnt change the stock pilot jet though because its recessed in and I couldnt wait to put everything back together so I can test rode it....

The bike ran fine and there no "hesitation" or lag at all. Maybe with the pilot jet change it would run even better??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts