Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my bike running and able to try out the new alloy wheels, Seatster seat, Hagon progressive fork springs, drag bars, Predator cans, Genmar risers etc etc. What a great ride, it feels so different (in a really good way) and it's all been great fun doing it (apart from when I couldn't get the bike running due to faulty alarm). Hopefully I'm going to post a photo here so you can see for yourselves. I know most of you guys are into either the classic or cafe racer look so you wont fully appreciate what I've done to mine, but it's turned out just as I hoped and I LOVE IT.

Don't seem to be able to post photo so here's the address if you're interested!
http://www.triumphrat.net/modules.p...Photo_Album&file=index&include=view_photo.php

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Great looking bike!

A set of Ma's black engine guards would look super on there!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Muy Bueno!

I have always loved the Monster Black (two valve of course) for its looks. In fact, were it not for the lack of a two person saddle space I would have looked for one when I found out about TBS's.

Did you change your master cylinders as well? Nice chop on the rear fender.

I have been planning on the same bars. What are the differences on the overall grip placement with this combo of bar & riser? Who is 'seatster'?

Looks great!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
On 2006-12-10 13:33, paulel wrote:
Hey, thanks, how did you do that?!!!!!!!!!!
You want the URL of the actual photo, not the page it is on. Click on "Image" and paste it in there. The code will look like this (without the spaces) [img ]http...jpg[/url ].

On 2006-12-10 15:07, Mojoinco wrote:
Did you change your master cylinders as well?
Wow I didn't even notice that. AFAIK in the US the TBS came with cylindrical master cylinders, was this not true in the UK? Can you bend the flyscreen mounts so they sit between the ears and the shell, I think that would clen it up a lot.

Looks great otherwise.

[ This message was edited by: TBSstunta on 2006-12-10 15:40 ]

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Looks like the same master cylinder as my Sprint.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The TBS does come with a round master cylinder here in the UK as well, but because of the larger brake calipers (4 pot) I need a larger master cylinder (or so I have been told!). I have a Rizoma cylinder on order, which is a round one.

The seat is by a French company who use several names for different products. You will have heard of Baglux, then there's Bagster, Seatster etc. In spite of the unusual name they do make a really good seat. At £200, plus your original seat, they are not cheap but I think it was money really well spent as it's very comfortable and it looks good.

The bars are stainless drag bars that are a little wider than stock. I find the seat, risers and bar combination perfect.

Just stuck the fly screen on at the last minute, will probably take your advice on putting the mounts behind the brackets Stunta.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Rude question, what cost the wheels?

And to anyone out there who has or who knows where there is, in UK, a decent set of used alloys to suit '01 Legend TT.

[ This message was edited by: Bluestone on 2006-12-11 08:30 ]

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Bluestone,

I'm not being evasive but it's difficult to give you the cost of the wheels. First off I bought the wrong wheels and forks on ebay and lost money reselling them (I'd been looking for alloys so long that I got carried away and paid over the odds for them). After that I was so fed up looking that I contacted Triumphant http://www.triumph-ant.co.uk/ and did a deal with Sandy that involved part exchanging my wheels and forks for the alloys.

Then you have to add in the cost of new springs, brake fluid and I'm sure there's other stuff that I have forgotten, just because I'd rather not think about it (I think it's called the ostrich syndrome!) and because if my partner knew how much I'd spent she would be very upset (that's putting it politely). You could probably do it on ebay for a couple of hundred quid if you are patient and/or lucky.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanx Alex but I wish you hadn't mentioned the fenders cause you're right, they would look good matte and I really can't afford to spend any more money on it for a while, and I still need to buy a new circuit board for my alarm! Maybe I'll open a special TBS account and start saving.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
On 2006-12-11 03:47, paulel wrote:
The TBS does come with a round master cylinder here in the UK as well, but because of the larger brake calipers (4 pot) I need a larger master cylinder (or so I have been told!). I have a Rizoma cylinder on order, which is a round one.
Personally I like the look of the round ones over the square, bit of a pain but try your round ones. They work perfectly well with my Brembos and while everything might not be the same its a worth a shot esp since it wont cost you anything other than the time needed to bleed the system. If you are getting the Rizoma I am thinking of you will have issues with it just being the reservoir and you also need the pump that the lever attaches to. You can see the two components in this image.

Check Mick's album for specifics but he used a GSXR radial item and has been very happy with it.

Just stuck the fly screen on at the last minute, will probably take your advice on putting the mounts behind the brackets Stunta.
I think it would look better with those brackets done black.

[ This message was edited by: TBSstunta on 2006-12-11 13:12 ]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks Paulel.

You are to be congratulated on and admired for your patience, diligence and dedication (tell THAT to the lady if ever she finds out hiw much you've spent!).

Think I'll just have mine replated proper.

·
Read Only
296 Posts
Nice work Paulel. The matt black is very cool and those cans look great. I will be looking out for you around the holoway rd. Probably hear you way before with those pipes eh!

Wayne

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Wayne,

Actually the Predators are not that loud. They are louder, but the main reason I like them is that they are deeper, it's a lovely sound. The funny thing is (and this has happened with other bikes) when I first put them on and fired it up they sounded very loud. I think they are just about right now (especially when I twist the throttle hard).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts