Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I think this would look good on a speedy, Can is made for a Gsxr-1000. It's on ebay for $280. Does anybody know if it'd be possible? Cheapster, you gotta let Devi out of your garage for a sec so he can chime in. :-D

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Anything is possible with the right tuning. I'm no exhaust expert, but I imagine the GSXR1000 pushes a lot more exhaust than the S3. So, that pipe might not produce enough backpressure to keep the torque up. I'd be interested in looking at the inside of a Zard, though. Maybe I could make my own undertail exhaust using something that small like a supertrapp...

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Wait a minute, M4 makes a pipe for the S3. Are you just wanting to see if that cheap GSXR pipe is moddable to save money?

"M4’s GP Style slip-on exhaust is constructed of aluminum with an internal baffle, coned end cap, heat resistant black finish and is designed to work with the stock muffler located under the belly pan with no modification. "

Anyone know if the GSXRs have a muffler like the R6 and R1? If so, that M4 pipe is just for looks and sound, not backpressure and power.

[ This message was edited by: kuhlka on 2006-12-05 00:00 ]

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I think that would pretty good, T-R. I dont like the logo though. I would want to mount it upside down, which wouldn't be a problem, as you would have to put a new mounting bracket anyway.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know that M4 makes one for our bike, but the more I see it th emore i think it looks like it just doesn't belong. And as far as price goes, the cheaper the better!

Now This M4 is different. The Gixxer thou does push more exhaust and back pressure may be an issue. I like the look of this pipe more that the M4 for the 1050. And Kuhlka the gixxer thou does not have the belly mount muffler like the 600 and 750 (the 07's do though) so this muffler is the whole unit and not just the "tip" or cone. If the baffle was installed it should create more back pressure right? All it would really need is an elbow to connect the header to the slip on and plug in the o2 sensor. Or am I mistaken?

And Leggy I agree on the logo.
Birdman, I don't know if the M4 stubby will fit the 955 S3's but I don't know why not. heres the link.
M4 stubby

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Hmm, might be a future project if I can get a gixxer M4 for cheap on ebay...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey guys. Here's a link you might find helpful next time you want to build an exhaust system. I looked for days to find it. I know someone out there had to offer this stuff. Their prices are reasonable too. They sell by the foot straight and by the individual bend or kits, just surf their site.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey guys. Here's a link you might find helpful next time you want to build an exhaust system. I looked for days to find it. I know someone out there had to offer this stuff. Their prices are reasonable too. They sell by the foot straight and by the individual bend or kits, just surf their site.
http://store.racing-solutions.org/

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
On 2006-12-05 20:39, Triple_Rider wrote:
Dammit Cheap! Give Devi a break for hell's sake!
I spoke with Devi Monday, and he's done with my stuff! :-D So ya can't blame me anymore. He's just really busy with all kinds of projects, that man has to tweak and tune on everything he owns! :razz: Said he's doing some tune'n on the engine fer his Lotus Elise, he's hoping to go from around 200hp to nearly 400hp!!! :wow: As soon as the cheapster can git it worked out, I'm make'n a trip to Bammy fer some tune'n! :-D

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
On 2006-12-06 09:23, Triple_Rider wrote:
So when ya gonna post some pics?
As soon as I git my parts back and back on ol' yeller. :-D I should have everything atleast by the beginning of next week, and put together as soon as the wife and kids gimme a break to! :-D Should definitely have pics by next weekend!!! :-D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts