Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you do with them all?

ignition key, alarm fob, 2x pannier/topbox keys, house and garage key. I've got the ignition and alarm on one ring, (annoying, flops about when riding) and the topbox and other keys in a separate bunch. What I need is some sort of soft easily accessible keyholder, maybe made of neoprene or similar, to keep them in. What do you do?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I hear ya, I sure like my Kawi, put the key in turn ignition on pull out key and put in pocket. I wish all bikes ignitiones were like the Kawi.

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
I have a few seperate key sets.

When I use the hard cases, I put the key for them in my pocket, the rest of the time it lives in the lock of one of the cases.

The ignition key is on it's own fob. All my office and house keys are kept seperate, in my pocket.

I don't have an alarm.

On the sideboard in the house, there are seperate key sets for each of our vehicles, plus a multi set for the house and office.

Mick :cool:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Keys when i bought my bike second hand the guy gave me ignition key with rubber tiger tag and the spare separately so as not to scratch around ignition i put other keys on lanyard when i pull up i put tiger key on there as well

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have to say this is one of the few things about the Tiger that really annoys me. Why, why, why does it have to have seperate igniiton and saddlebag keys. The on top of it to have the top case have yet another key.
For that matter does it really take three locks per saddlebag?
Somehow, BMW managed to make the ignition and bags work with one key and three locks total.
Yeah, yeah, I know the Tiger costs a lot less but couldn't they have saved a little money by having less locks?

·
Registered
445 Posts
My keys are organized, and easily accessible. It's simple: I threw them all away, except for the ignition key.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
For the ignition key thing, what y'all need is one of those springy quick release things. Just mount the ignition key on it and when you want to put it in the bike, take the key off and put the rest of the keys in your pocket.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for replies.

Anyone with a Triumph alarm fob had it fitted to the ignition key? Dealer wasn't keen, but would remove one flappy thing from ignition lock...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts