Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

While I loved the factory look of my 2000 Sprint 955i, over the years, I've given her progressive face lifts with some of the common mods seen here such as: New mirrors, Corbin Seat, Zero Gravity Smoked out Windshield; rim tape, PIAA horns, and rear fender elimination. Most recently I decided to give the old girl some bling...

I toyed with something a bit different... The 955i's nose always, to me, had an uncanny facial appearance... I could never tell whether it was a mud skipper, an alien of sorts, a demon, or ultra deep sea creature... Either way, I wanted to make it look a bit more edgy... I was going for the "I'm really pissed off, so get out of my freaking way or I'll bite your head off" look... I ordered up some spiked bolts and this is what I came up with... Nothing says "Don't F with me" like horns and fangs.... What do you think????? :eek:

Still toying with installing some HID's ... Wicked bright with a hint of blue tone would make her pop even more, no??? :cool:

Thanks for looking, V-man

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
are you Mr. clean by any chance? that st is as clean as they come.

the spikes definitely give it a more mean look to that demonic red alien of yours.

·
Registered
446 Posts
get rid of the two on the outside of the "mouth" and the two on the brakes .. then i think it would look ok .. once i saw those ones it ruwend the look i think .. but thats just my 2c :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
get rid of the two on the outside of the "mouth" and the two on the brakes .. then i think it would look ok .. once i saw those ones it ruwend the look i think .. but thats just my 2c :)
I tend to agree with you... I wasn't crazy about the outer spikes and will put those back to original... Gonna just leave the horns and teeth... Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are you Mr. clean by any chance? that st is as clean as they come.

the spikes definitely give it a more mean look to that demonic red alien of yours.
I must admit, I keep it exceptionally clean... Most who look at it and don't know the model or year, think it's fresh off the showroom... Not bad for a 12 year old lady... Still runs strong and fun to ride!

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
That's a beautiful Sprint. I really do like it. But take the spikes off. It's not a rice rocket with an extended swingarm. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
I don't have a Sprint, have no real interest in Sprints, but you used my username in the subject, so I feel that gives me the right to reply. Get rid of the spikes. They look silly, IMNSHO. Beautiful bike, otherwise.

·
Registered
129 Posts
If it makes you happy, does it really matter what anyone else thinks?
I always like to see how we all make our bike our own...
:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
The whole spike and stud look is not my thing, but I always like to be looking at something and find a little extra detail that I was not expecting. Leaving just the two horns and two fangs would be practically unnoticable at first but still a fun extra detail especially if it tied into something else like a specialty plate or name. Your bike is very clean! Like it!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Eh, leaving just the 2 on the top of the fender and the 2 above it would make it look more like a mouth and you could lose the rest (that many are too OCC looking for me).

What would it look like then? Vampire Fish. Nasty creature.

Honestly, your bike looks great without the spikes. If you want to accentuate the body work shapes then a custom paint job in 2 or more tones might be a better idea.

It's your bike, make yourself happy! (as long as no Sprint is hurt in the process! :p )

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I think it looks all bark and no bite. Perhaps this is all it needs to appear more threatening :D

All joking aside .. the spikes look pretty silly :rolleyes:

·
Registered
422 Posts
I think it looks all bark and no bite. Perhaps this is all it needs to appear more threatening :D

All joking aside .. the spikes look pretty silly :rolleyes:

So your pillion is the rear gunner and takes out those pesky road ragers? Nice!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts