Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could somebody tell me where you hide your alarm and components and where is alarm connector.

Id like to keep these things out from puplic internet so PM answers for me please. Pictures would be awesome too.

Im thinking Scorpio SR-i900, or some other 2-way system.
Suggestions for best candidate, and compairing these systems can be posted here.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I installed a Gorilla alarm, I have no complaints. Really simple to install. Installation takes thought and planning because the alarm made unit is pretty thick and it wont fit underneath seat so another location had to be identified. It also comes with the "tilt sensor that sounds the alarm when the bike is stood up of the kick stand. I only got the basic system because of the price but upgradeable to include pager remotes.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Here's a question, i have an alarm sitting in my garage waiting to be fitted. the alarm in question have a voltage sensor and will go off if it notices a change in voltage once the engine is off and the alarm blipped.

Now occasionally when i park it the fan is still running, so if i set the alarm, then the fan cuts out am i right in thinking they'll be a dip in voltage and the alarm will go off?

·
Registered
173 Posts
that seems like a logical though process to me. The only way to tell is to try it out. If you let your bike run in nuetral long enough it will kick the fan on ... so you could try tearing it down far enough that you can connect the alarm (maybe use some extra wire temporarily so you can just connect the alarm without tearing the bike down) and then test the alarm to see what happens when the fan shuts down.

·
Registered
466 Posts
As far as the fan, is the alarm set to go off after a voltage drop, or voltage draw? If there is a constant draw as the alarm is armed, it is possible that it will factor that into its brain. The factory alarm reacts this way.
Since there is always an incremental draw on the battery, there might be some threshold built into the alarm.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Hi

I have now all schematics, but where can i find alarm connector?
If your talking about the stock OEM triumph datatool alarm, the thing is mounted under the tank.
theres a black multi plug with a shorting block, pull that out and plug in the the alarm.
stick the shorting block somewhere safe on the bike, so that IF the alarm screws up, you can plug the block back in and return the bike back to original condition

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If your talking about the stock OEM triumph datatool alarm, the thing is mounted under the tank.
theres a black multi plug with a shorting block, pull that out and plug in the the alarm.
stick the shorting block somewhere safe on the bike, so that IF the alarm screws up, you can plug the block back in and return the bike back to original condition
Thank you Pierre.

You mentioned that reason why i dont want to use that shorting block and add necessary leads to it.
So where can i find similar connetor and 12 suitable grimps to connect non OEM alarm?

I think it is manufactured by AMP i need to know specific type...

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

·
Registered
466 Posts
perhaps you can find a friend in the USA that can order it for you and post it to you at a greatly reduced rate??

FYI, it takes BikeBandit about 10-12 days to get the part and ship it in the USA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts