Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought a D1200 and would like to fit an alarm. The manual shows a connector under the seat with most of the connections I need and also a connector for the sounder unit.

Before I needlessly start removing fairings, tank, etc. can anyone tell me where the sounder connector is?

Also, does the wrap wire shown on the circuit diagram act as an immobiliser if I remove it? I'll find out after I've found it but knowing the answer in advance would help me plan the installation.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
I am not sure if this answers your question, but attached is the OEM alarm manual for the early T3 series.

It is broken into two parts to deal with the silly file size limitation of the forum.

HTH

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure if this answers your question, but attached is the OEM alarm manual for the early T3 series.

It is broken into two parts to deal with the silly file size limitation of the forum.

HTH
Thanks djw.

One of the pictures showed the connector near the battery. I hunted around yesterday and found the critter near the bottom of the battery cradle. I'm well happy :)

Now the quest to fit the SPY 5000m continues.

Thanks again

Simon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spy 5000m alarm fitted

Thanks djw.

One of the pictures showed the connector near the battery. I hunted around yesterday and found the critter near the bottom of the battery cradle. I'm well happy :)

Now the quest to fit the SPY 5000m continues.

Thanks again

Simon
Just to finish this thread, I got the alarm fitted. RSComponets sell the plugs to attach to the original wiring loom and I was able to pick up all the wires I need from that. Everything works well but I didn't try to wire in the remote start (this only comes because there's a car version for cold climates). So far no problems. If anyone wants any help then I'll post the details.

Simon

·
Registered
274 Posts
Alarm instructions for 02 Daytona

Hi all, does anyone happen to have similar instructions for the 02 Daytona (mine a CE model but probably no different). I have bought an aftermarket alarm and wondering how much of the original wiring I can use for the kill switch, ignition live, indicators etc.

I will continue searching the forums in the hope I find something but any help will be appreciated. The factory workshop manual seems to make little reference to the wiring, other than in the wiring diagram on page 16.25 (item 20 is alarm control unit). Is this an empty relay plug?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts