Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to take the seat off my 08 Bonnie Black for the first time today. Got the alan key from its holder, went to the rear of the seat to unscrew the lugs.

Noticed the right hand lug had falling off and was missing. I was a little annoyed, but my fault after all. Tried to undo the second lug only to find that the alan end would not engage the bolt. It was as if it was the wrong size or something? It just spins merrily without engaging and unscrewing. Wut??

Any clues?

·
Registered
476 Posts
No it wasn't your fault. The dealer mixed up the fasteners for the seat with the fasteners for the mirrors. The seat fasteners should be chrome, and the mirrors black. Let me guess the missing fastener is black? :beerchug:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it wasn't your fault. The dealer mixed up the fasteners for the seat with the fasteners for the mirrors. The seat fasteners should be chrome, and the mirrors black. Let me guess the missing fastener is black? :beerchug:
Yes, you got it in one. To top it off, remaining the head was so stripped that it came off easily with a flat bladed screwdriver when I jammed it in tight...

I do not know what the hell was going on during my last service. Maybe free beer to the mechanics???

Anyway, thanks Doc and I guess thread closed!

That's why I keep coming back to this place

·
Registered
476 Posts
Go back and have your dealer put your bike together right, then bitch slap him for me.:icon_drink: :biglaugh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts