Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry I've been lackadaisical on uploading photos, I've been sick and busy since I got back.

My trip to see my father went very well, I rode all over southern Alabama for a week, mostly Foley, Orange Beach, and the Florida / Alabama border.

The day before Thanksgiving my dad and I rode 270 miles north to Birmingham to visit the Barber Motorsport Museum and meet HiVel and LoVel and BonnieGirl.

HiVel gave us a tour of the museum, thank you again for that- it was awesome, after we had dinner at an excellent local burger joint.

Pics are in chronological order and should be viewed as such.

Some of the first pics of various stops around Foley to find alcohol.

I rode a borrowed Harley Davidson for the week ( Sporster 883 I think ). Hey it's better than renting a motorcycle at 100 dollars a day, this bike was free.

Feel free to ask questions and make comments.

The last few pics are of local flora and fauna, I was playing with the macro function on my camera. ;)

Enjoy!

--Kory

http://www.photoshop.com/user/tattooedredhead/?wf=share&trackingid=BTAGC&galleryid=199bc35853344698b26a0926295ccb32

P.S.- I always took a photo of the placard that explains the next motorcycle in order. So you can read about the MC then see it.

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
Great pictures, Kory; I bet that trip was a lot of fun.

I do the same thing with museum placards. I like the macro shot of the thorns. Awesome sunset too.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Great Pics

Great Pics! I may have to plan a road trip to see the old bikes for myself.

Pops

·
Registered
149 Posts
Missed opportunity

A day I remember with regrets was on the family trip to my daughter's graduation. Our route took us from Birmingham to Atlanta and it was SO tough to drive right past the signs for Barber Motorsports Park (in the family minivan I'm embarrased to admit) without having time to stop. Thanks for the pictures. Maybe some day...

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Kory,
The wife and I enjoyed meeting you. The museum is an incredible place. We were there again last night for the volunteer appreciation dinner. It just never gets old. Glad to see you are home safe.
Paul

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SO.........did you make a stop at the FLORABAMA BAR, where the bkiers and lawyers meet?
MULTIPLE times! LOL Wrote my name on the wall and danced with a hottie ( grinded actually )

Had a blast once I loosed up and got the balls to ask her.

--Kory

·
Registered
271 Posts
Kory, i've done a grind or three there over the last 40 yrs.myself.waaaaay back when,i'd ride a Norton or Tri. to Orange Beach,party all night, pass out in the sand and head home sunday.as i recall, the return trip was the ride from Hell.the Florabama has been wiped right off the beach at least 3 times in my memory by hurricanes, but it just keeps coming back,and back,and back.......if you ever get the chance , try to make the mullett toss, its so much fun i'm suprised it's not it's not aginst the law.you know, you can get arrested for having toooooo much fun at the Floribama bar, where the bikers and the lawyers meet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts