Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any kits for for my 2018 RS? Is the process of doing this hard. Getting my bike dyno tuned in 3 weeks and would like to have this done before hand.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Banned
1,207 Posts
All you need is a marble. Pull the hose off the airbox, grease up a marble and push it into the hose on the airbox end, about 1 inch into the hose, and then reconnect it to the airbox. 100% disabled SAI, free, and takes a couple minutes plus it is reversable... It would also still look stock to a dealer or anyone that is looking

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All you need is a marble. Pull the hose off the airbox, grease up a marble and push it into the hose on the airbox end, about 1 inch into the hose, and then reconnect it to the airbox. 100% disabled SAI, free, and takes a couple minutes plus it is reversable... It would also still look stock to a dealer or anyone that is looking
Do you know what size marble?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have always used a plain old child's marble... You grease it up and jam it in there. There's not enough vacuum to move the marble, but it will block it, look stock, and is easily undone if you needed to for some reason...
Thanks squire. Can I do this before I get a tune? or will it mess up my fueling

·
Banned
1,207 Posts
Have you disabled your O2 sensors? If not, then don't disable SAI. You don't want the exhaust to appear rich to the O2 sensor and have the ECU trimming things to lean it out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you disabled your O2 sensors? If not, then don't disable SAI. You don't want the exhaust to appear rich to the O2 sensor and have the ECU trimming things to lean it out.
No. I have no done anything to the bike yeah, but have a full exhaust and power commander on the way and plan to get it dyno'd

·
Banned
1,207 Posts
Ok, well, you are gonna need to do a few things before you tune it. You will want to disable SAI, use the marble... But you will also need to disable and unplug the O2 lambda sensor... If you don't disable the sensor, your power commander won't be able to tune the closed loop area of the map... You will add fuel and it will seem great, and then you can literally watch the bike lean that area back out that you just tuned... So the sensor has to go, either with TuneECU and then unplug it, or, find an O2 eliminator and pull the sensor and plug the eliminator in...

Or if you find out what resistors it needs, you can make your own...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, well, you are gonna need to do a few things before you tune it. You will want to disable SAI, use the marble... But you will also need to disable and unplug the O2 lambda sensor... If you don't disable the sensor, your power commander won't be able to tune the closed loop area of the map... You will add fuel and it will seem great, and then you can literally watch the bike lean that area back out that you just tuned... So the sensor has to go, either with TuneECU and then unplug it, or, find an O2 eliminator and pull the sensor and plug the eliminator in...

Or if you find out what resistors it needs, you can make your own...
Thanks for the help! Maybe order a kit that was posted like above. If I'm hearing you correctly. After you take off the 02 sensors. You have to plug in an eliminator to not get a code?

·
Banned
1,207 Posts
Thanks for the help! Maybe order a kit that was posted like above. If I'm hearing you correctly. After you take off the 02 sensors. You have to plug in an eliminator to not get a code?
Yes, you cannot just unplug them unless you are able to disable them first with something like TuneECU. The other option is to buy or make an eliminator. For my Street Cup, it was easy, I just needed a 330Ohm and a 1M Ohm resistor for each plug and I soldered them in.

Not sure what the values would be for the Street RS.

·
Premium Member
8,889 Posts
So...I'm just curious what you ended up doing, and how it turned out. Did you do the marble or the kit?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quick question: if I'm running a slip on (an arrow now, and an SC1R soon), and I've mapped my RS, with a 14.0 target AFR in all the cells that were 14.5 stock, and I've richened the rest of the cells by 0.2, will doing the SAI block off help? Or will it lean it out more since the O2 sensor is now getting a richer mix hitting it since I'm depriving the system of the extra air from the SAI?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts