Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
The tail section only works with the gas tank as a combo, will not work with the factory gas tank.
I think that I know that bike:D
Look at my photo gallery below.
Bonnie- Love the bike man! Awesome! Been wanting to do something similar with an alum tank but it takes time & money but will get there one day!
Don't mean to hijack the thread but does anyone know anything about this bike? Fantastic! That's what I aspire to!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey carlos, didn't know that was your bike! Looks awesome.
Does the tail section bolt onto the frame in the stock manner?
The airtech site says the tail will work with the stock tank; but I trust you having done it if you say it won't.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Hey carlos, didn't know that was your bike! Looks awesome.
Does the tail section bolt onto the frame in the stock manner?
The airtech site says the tail will work with the stock tank; but I trust you having done it if you say it won't.
Thank you!
Yes the tail section bolt onto the stock mounting locations, but it won't work with the stock tank because the triton tank is longer than stock tank.
PS: The kits been developed on my own bike.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Triton 750, I don't know the bike but from the picture it is an adapted Norton wideline frame or one of the specials built for the Hinkley engines. (not a Hyde which is more like a Harris).

The doner was obviously a Thruxton from the wheels (obviously re-spoked with shouldered polished rims) and suspension to the engine. My guess would be custom bodywork from Wilcox (possibly tankshop but I kinda doubt it).

Very nice bike!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts