Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering doing a full MANX makeover to my Bonnie using AIRTECH products.

Any feedback on quality, fit and finish, etc?

Anyone know where I can get a good deal on the stuff too?

thanks!

·
Registered
623 Posts
My bike was the mule to develop all the Airtech parts and kits for the new Bonnies.
The Manx kit that you can see in their website is carbon fiber made, quality ,fit and finish is top notch, it will be more economical if you get the fiberglass version, prices are in the website.
It took more than a year to finish all the kits, but it worths the wait.
I have many pics of all the kits, but I can't post it here, because I have not my members album yet.
I seen that you live in Long Beach, I'm in Dana Point, if you like we can arrange and see all the kits and parts first hand, I swap kits in my bike from time to time, its like having a new bike in less than an hour. :wink:

[ This message was edited by: Bonnie1000th on 2007-01-01 17:47 ]

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Bonnie1000th - I have seen pics of your bike and it is beautiful. It prompted me to order the seat cowl for the gunfighter seat. I was however, very disappointed when the product arrived. First it did not fit the corbin gun fighter seat- not even close. Second the product quality was very poor the glass work so thin in areas as to be near translucent, with high and low spots that would require substantial body filler to end up with a smooth quality product and paint work. It had the usual mold marks and pin holes to be associated with glass products - but the other body work required to smooth this peice out put it in the sub standard product quality for me. Maybe I received a piece made on hangover monday or hurry up and get home friday, but it went back due to lack of interest on their part. That is my one and only dealing with this company so may not be representative of their nomal work, just my .02.

John

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On 2006-12-31 00:06, Bonnie1000th wrote:
I seen that you live in Long Beach, I'm in Dana Point, if you like we can arrange and see all the kits and parts first hand, I swap kits in my bike from time to time, its like having a new bike in less than an hour. :wink:
are you the same bonnie1000th in the BIR?
I think BonnieBarney told me about your bike. I'd love to check out you kits.

I hear that glass tanks might have a bit of a problem over time with corroding and getting in the carbs. have you had any problem or a solution?

·
Registered
623 Posts
On 2006-12-31 06:54, Thrux-ton-up wrote:
Bonnie1000th - I have seen pics of your bike and it is beautiful. It prompted me to order the seat cowl for the gunfighter seat. I was however, very disappointed when the product arrived. First it did not fit the corbin gun fighter seat- not even close. Second the product quality was very poor the glass work so thin in areas as to be near translucent, with high and low spots that would require substantial body filler to end up with a smooth quality product and paint work. It had the usual mold marks and pin holes to be associated with glass products - but the other body work required to smooth this peice out put it in the sub standard product quality for me. Maybe I received a piece made on hangover monday or hurry up and get home friday, but it went back due to lack of interest on their part. That is my one and only dealing with this company so may not be representative of their nomal work, just my .02.

John
I'm very sorry, to hear that!
That's totally unacceptable!
Can you PM me your info, in order to find out what's going on?
When I envisioned the body kit project, I emphasized the quality and customer service was top priority!
Please send me the details.
And I'm sorry again for the inconvenience that you experienced!
Happy New Year!

·
Registered
623 Posts
On 2006-12-31 14:34, mase wrote:
On 2006-12-31 00:06, Bonnie1000th wrote:
are you the same bonnie1000th in the BIR?
I think BonnieBarney told me about your bike. I'd love to check out you kits.

I hear that glass tanks might have a bit of a problem over time with corroding and getting in the carbs. have you had any problem or a solution?
I used to be Bonnie 100th in the BIR, Now I have an extra 0.
Like I said we can arrange to see the kits if you like.
Oh BonnieBarney! the guy with the Commando!, he was very enthused with the body kits, back then he was the only one aware of it!
What you hear is correct, I have a problem with the first carbon tank, the sealant wasn't strong enough to handle the CA fuel chemicals, and of course it creates me a major problem, then it was corrected, and now is safe to use it!
The Triton tank( the Orange one in my bike)was made prior to the Manx carbon one, and never had a problem, I used for like 9 months and 5000 miles, I still treated that one with the new sealant.
Happy New Year!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts