Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i noticed mine is broken.. is it important? haha

·
Registered
478 Posts
The one on my 675 is already completely broken. I'm going make one seeing as the one from Triumph is scat.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine broke a while ago. I was not sure how long it was broken, but replaced it anyways. I don't really know why I replaced it as I could have spent that $5 on something else, but I guess I reasoned to myself that it was only $5? Maybe I just fell into a trap.

·
Registered
61 Posts
There certainly would be. I noticed that my airbox wouldn't seat completely on top of the throttle bodies. At first, I though that maybe something had shifted, but then noticed the lower portion of the strap and saw how it's used to hold down the back of the airbox against the throttle bodies, using the front two "fingers" as a leverage.

Spend the $5. Get the strap.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I believe that it's the same as the battery strap.

Both straps broke on my S4 (I'm not sure where Triumph bought its rubber parts in 2003--all I know is that a lot of them suck). It's a minor pain, but I'd definitely get the strap to ensure a proper seal on the airbox--the strap holds the thing down pretty snug.

Rideteamtriumph.com is my back-up for stuff like this when the local Triumph shops a) don't have the parts in stock or b) try to rip me off. Don't even get me started on b)...

·
Registered
44 Posts
My airbox strap on the TT went missing several years ago when the dealer forgot to put it back on. When I finally got the bike apart and noticed it they said they would have to charge me. I told them to stuff it. If you get the airbox on the throttle bodies properly it doesn't really need the strap. The tank holds it on fairly well once you get it seated properly.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mines an 06 an my strap broke in the firs 6 months. i just want to make sur eif i buy a strap its not going to break every few months haha maybe i should make my own ;-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts