Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please can someone tell me what to do with these...

They're obviously air sensors of some sort. I've just removed the airbox from my Speedmaster EFI. Should I just tie them somewhere under the seat, stick 'em in something, or junk them altogether??

Cheers

Russ

·
Premium Member
20,739 Posts
The first one is the Atmospheric pressure sensor and the second the IAT, Intake air temperature sensor.

You'll find another two components identical with the pressure sensor, just above the throttle bodies. They're the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensors. Don't tamper with them or their hoses if you can help it.

The first one is fixed to the chasis, leave it more or less where it is and ensure the open spigot is not blocked by anything. The second needs to be fixed somewhere near the air intake to the Throttle bodies, in a place where it doesn't get the full blast of engine hot air but where it can sense the ambient temperature.

If you have pod filters with a metallic rear plate this sort of fixing for the IAT is ideal:

http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-technical-talk/178722-freak-its.html#post1944747

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I've completely removed the airbox and I'm going for the "open" look with K&N pod filters, so I'll attach the IAT sensor to one of them as per the linked thread.

This is where the AP sensor was originally so I guess I'll find a spot under the seat and tie it to the frame.

Thanks again, exactly the help I needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts