Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of the British customs K&N Airbox removal kit..
My T100 has the AI removed, and Staintune reverse cone pipes. Will I need to rejet after I put it on? And is the conversion worth it? I have heard a lot of good reviews and it seems like everone has the stock air box removed. It seems like a simple bolt on, which I think I could do myself.

Thanks

Nate

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
yes yes and yes.

easy enough to do, it really helps if you have a motorcycle lift, Sears sells them for under 100 bucks.

You will have to rejet, probably much bigger jets in fact.

I have that setup in my '06 T100 and I'm running 42 pilots, 1 shim on the needles (thruxton needles which came stock on our bikes), and 155 mains. I think I may need to go one size up on my mains.

Lots of power gained on the top end of the rev range, the bike screams to redline.

·
Registered
505 Posts
If you just cut up your airbox, you can buy pod filters, turnbuckle to support the carbs and a breather for around $100, and use the bottom half of the airbox to keep a tool kit.Plus not asll the hassle of getting the old airbox out

·
Registered
694 Posts
Stu: Good point. Overall time is about the same to cut-out the airbox as it is to install a NARK. But it saves you at least a couple of hundred bucks. Results are the same. My bike gained 10 lbs-ft of torque, and 16 bhp with the mod. I wrote up the procedure for the modifying the airbox, and have photos of the process. If anybody wants them, email me at [email protected]. Cheers, tommyturbo2

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I followed Tommy's procedure and it was simple. Anything is easier to remove in pieces. And now I have a tool box!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts