Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have taken the restrictor plate out of the air box and removed the snorkel. Pipes are on order and won't be here until later in the week.
I have left the hard to get at screws on the right side out and taken the tabs of the restrictor plate - So all in all now a simple process to whip in and out.
Haven't ran it yet but just wondering if I should stick it all back in until the pipes arrive or run it with out the restrictor and snorkel with the stock pipes?
Any idea on how it will effect jetting? running?

[ This message was edited by: Blackjack on 2007-01-27 06:27 ]

·
Registered
300 Posts
Edited:
Leave the ristricter plate out, reassemble things, put the factory filter back in, go ahead and switch out the pilot jet to a 42 (while yer at it), and ride. It'll be fine until you rejet the mains to some 125's for your new cans when they arrive.

:cool:

[ This message was edited by: Olderyoungster on 2007-01-27 07:54 ]

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When for a run up the street - with the restrictor plate and snorkel removed massive mid range flat spot, heaps of induction noise - no go.....

Slipped the snorkel back in - sweet... Much freer revving and better delivery. I really have to ask what purpose this serves? All I can think is for emission or homogulation regs to restrict them enough to get noise and emissions down to get compliance plates?

If you have a stock bonnie (Why?) I would be ditching this restrictor based on seat of the pants analysis....

·
Registered
716 Posts
Regarding the flat spot when the snorkel was out...GOOD grief...You CAN NOT just yank out the snorkel and run the bike with out rejetting... of course it had a flat spot...That's like putting on one of Arnold Swartznegger's old shirts and wondering why your arms are not massive like his...it just does not work that way...This inexpensive snorkel change works. I have done it and it is easily reversable if you don't like it. BUT YOU MUST REJET. Lucky for you others have figured out the correct 125 jetting so you don't need to redo it over and over till you get it right, When properly jetted this set up pulls much better in all rmps and there are no flat spots....if you do absolutley NO CHANGES to your bike run a 115 main jet with stock pipes...if you change pipes and pull the snorkel run 125 mains...with the newer thruxton type needles that Triumph is putting in the bikes now you don't need to change anything but the mains. This set up works great. It costs $10.00. You also do not need a bell mouth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts