Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 07 America and I've seen some very good pictures of gents removing the airboxes on their rides installing K&N pods and relocate the battery underneath the seat. Not a mechanic but handy, so I guess my question is if anyone has good links or feedback on how to pull this off. Obviously it's going to require some work but it looks to be worth it. Anyone got any idea on how to proceed?

I can figure out how to get the airbox out and the K&N pods on and the Oil breather, but I need help mostly with the process of relocating battery, ignition, wiring, etc. and if there is any special things I need to pickup before I start hacking this thing out of my bike.

Any help would be stellar and would make you look like a genius.

OCD

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey , ocdbiker. There are a few ways to get where your going. First, there are a few companies that sell the airbox elimination kits. Tpusa, newbonneville,bellacorse etc. The main part of these kits is a battery tray with places to reconnect your existing wiring , just without the airbox. there are also numerous threads on here that show and explain the entire removal and exactly what you're getting into. You can also remove airbox and create your own battery box if you like tinkering around with that sort of stuff. The "kits", depending on where you purchase them will usually come with pod filters, breather filter and jets. Good luck, and doing the airbox removal will really wake er up, as long as the carbs are rejetted to suit. Probably need alittle dyno time after all this just to see exactly where you are.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I was a bit vague on my description. I do want to take out the airbox for good. Instead of using a kit or something I wanted to relocate the battery underneath the seat and figure out where to put everything that attaches to the box so it's not seen. I've seen a couple of very mod'd rides that have pulled it off. Makes the bike look more like a built up chopper. I want to put the battery where you would normally have the oil tank on a chopper. I don't want to do the NARK but mod this sucka, $300 bucks is steep and it still looks stock.

And yes Chong is the man. He speaks great wisdom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts