Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
under the seat there are those useless air vents and im just itchin to do something with them! Ive seen some people have used some type of mesh/screen to fill it in.... what is that stuff? How on earth do you attach it???

This shall be my weekend project :-D

·
Registered
804 Posts
I used some metal drywall mesh for mine. I have not permanently attached it yet however. I was just giving them a go to see if I likes it, so they are held in place currently with good ole black duct tape. I think I am going to keep them, so the next thing will to be cut them to the proper dimensions and most likely a little hot glue........presto

mesh=$2 bucks
glue=$.25 cents
Looks better for about two and a quarter...........

:wink:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Canyon Chasers is a local group of riders here along the Wasatch Front in Utah, They did an article on their website, sounds like you already know what you want to do, but a good look at how someone else worked it out.

Wire Mesh Inserts

·
Registered
74 Posts
The office supplies section of a department store or an office supply 'mega' store usually will have baskets and paper holders made out of black or silver wire mesh.

I've read of people using hot melt glue guns to mount it.

[ This message was edited by: left360 on 2007-01-19 00:05 ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts