Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have been told that a sump plug from a Nissan or other such car can be used at a fraction of the cost that the dealers want for a kit. Does anyone out there know what is suitable and or thread size.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Aussie price is $70 for the job. If you are looking at US prices that is approximately $57 US. So where do I get a $20 kit in stainless or AL, or I might just put up with a little rust down the line. Seriously does anyone know the thread pitch etc and maybe I can source stainless bolts for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Aussie price is $70 for the job. If you are looking at US prices that is approximately $57 US. So where do I get a $20 kit in stainless or AL, or I might just put up with a little rust down the line. Seriously does anyone know the thread pitch etc and maybe I can source stainless bolts for a reasonable price.
PS. My Toyota Prado sump plug has'nt rusted nor has my 1989 Mercedes plug showing any signs of rust.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I don't know who qouted you $70 but tell em they're dreamin.
The kit from NB or Bellacorse is $25 US Ithink the NB one is nicer cos it's got the Union Jack machined into them. which is about $32 Aussie + postage another $10 or so.
If you go the sump plug way you still have to get washers and a vacuum cap and a plug for the airbox.
NB AI Removal

Darcy

[ This message was edited by: DickBender on 2006-12-08 04:09 ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts